Respec Transfer Suggestion

detour

Hello team!  I had an idea.  A couple of my level 50's have half a dozen respecs lyin' about that they'll never use, as those heroes are built exactly the way I want them. I also have a couple that are in desperate need of a rebuild.  It seems a shame that I have earned respecs that I will never, ever use, so I thought, why not suggest a way to transfer a respec between characters?  
Has anyone else run into this issue?  

Cheers. 

respecs.jpg

Edited by detour

Respec recipes can be traded and even sold. 

How about a way, like a new slash command, to convert an unused respec into a respec recipe?

Such as: /respectorecipe <n>

This new command would by default consume one unused respec and create one recipe from it. If you put any number after it, up to say, ten, then it will do if for up to that many respecs, if the character has them.

Perhaps no character can convert their last respec to a recipe, so you'd always keep the last one.

There is another side to this that must be considered. Respecs drop from Superpacks, and those of us who've opened Superpacks have a lot of respecs ready to claim, and this would give us a route to sell them.

I think that is a good idea, too. The market price of respec recipes will drop from the additional supply, as well as the prices of other items which are supplied via superpacks.

You want infinite free respecs, 1000 x 5 servers x 6 freebies x 6 TF = 180,000 possible respecs.  Not to mention if you decide to delete characters and level them up to 50, for another 6 freebies + 6 TF.

Question is, why have the devs spend more time to allow you to transfer respecs you won't use when you don't need them.

respec.png.93c1795afe1bfa34b535c055b472efcf.png

/ah -> type 1,800,000 -> Recipe table -> Combine, cost 250,000 -> Done, consumed and awarded to the character.

5 minutes in a Briggs #125 for 1 map, I could get enough influence to buy 2 recipes and consume them. Note:  You can only consume 1 recipe at a time.

tl;dr - Its already there and you spent more time thinking about a new idea that's already implemented.

Not to mention, you can always strip enhancements and change your build.  But that is entirely useless anyway unless you have separate builds, just ripping out the enhancements is going to take more time and influence then necessary.

Edited by Outrider_01

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

14 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

You want infinite free respecs, 1000 x 5 servers x 6 freebies x 6 TF = 180,000 possible respecs.  Not to mention if you decide to delete characters and level them up to 50, for another 6 freebies + 6 TF.

Question is, why have the devs spend more time to allow you to transfer respecs you won't use when you don't need them.

respec.png.93c1795afe1bfa34b535c055b472efcf.png

/ah -> type 1,800,000 -> Recipe table -> Combine, cost 250,000 -> Done, consumed and awarded to the character.

5 minutes in a Briggs #125 for 1 map, I could get enough influence to buy 2 recipes and consume them. Note:  You can only consume 1 recipe at a time.

tl;dr - Its already there and you spent more time thinking about a new idea that's already implemented.

Not to mention, you can always strip enhancements and change your build.  But that is entirely useless anyway unless you have separate builds, just ripping out the enhancements is going to take more time and influence then necessary.

Its already there and you spent more time thinking about a new idea that's already implemented.

I'm not sure if this post was addressed specifically to me or not, but the basic point of my original post was that I - and I'm sure others - have earned respecs just kind of sitting about that another of our characters could likely use.  I really didn't spend a whole lot of time thinking about it:  it just popped into my head when I logged in today, and thought I'd mention it. If transferring respecs has already been implemented, I guess I just don't know how.  Thanks. 

Ah, got it.  Sometimes someone is like "Hey, I got this great idea." yet in game its something as simple as 30 seconds of work.  Just seems more work then necessary to pull a respec off a toon.  There are just so many options, you will most likely already off running another alt before you would respec the last one.  Everything in game is so cheap compared to live, most of the cost is time invested on the build not influence spent.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

On 4/18/2021 at 4:24 PM, Outrider_01 said:

Ah, got it.  Sometimes someone is like "Hey, I got this great idea." yet in game its something as simple as 30 seconds of work.  Just seems more work then necessary to pull a respec off a toon.  There are just so many options, you will most likely already off running another alt before you would respec the last one.  Everything in game is so cheap compared to live, most of the cost is time invested on the build not influence spent.

Agreed.  I'm not aware of how involved a change like would be to make.  Since there are already things like server transfers and emailing things to others of your characters, I didn't know if it was a simple thing that could be based on existing code, or required a bunch of new code, etc. 

Edited by detour