Self-cast buffs in the team window

despyzer

I play a lot of toons who buff other characters. Even with the color-coding, it can be difficult to quickly discern if everyone got the buffs I wanted them to or when those buffs begin to drop off. Is there a way to turn off all other buffs, so that I can just see mine? If not, any suggestions on making my buffs easier to pick out of the crowd?

9 hours ago, despyzer said:

I play a lot of toons who buff other characters. Even with the color-coding, it can be difficult to quickly discern if everyone got the buffs I wanted them to or when those buffs begin to drop off. Is there a way to turn off all other buffs, so that I can just see mine? If not, any suggestions on making my buffs easier to pick out of the crowd?

I remember a discussion about this a while ago with at least some HC developer participation. As I recall, that's not practical, but something that might be practical is to have buffs that you _can_ apply sorted to one end of the list, so (for example) if you're an FF defender you'd see anyone's Deflection Shield at the left-hand end whether you or another FF defender applied it to the target.

Another way the ordering could be more useful is if they could be sorted by how they are applied - by which I mean, imagine that single-target ally buffs always appear on the left, shorter duration ones first (so Clear Mind (90s) appears before Fortitude (120s)), then AoE buffs like Deflection Shield, then Leadership auras...

It doesn't matter so much what the ordering _is_ (although I think "ally buffs that run out" should be right at one end of the list) as long as it's constant. I don't care if Deflection Shield sorts before or after Sonic Barrier, but what I do want is that any time an ally has both, they appear the same way around.

This might be a relatively modest amount of work. It doesn't need every buff classified, it works off the buffs' existing properties; the "tie-breaker" for identical type and duration (like the 4-minute FF and Sonic shields) could be anything (eg alphabetical order) just as long as it's consistent.

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.