Hover Farms

Snarky

I am not new to Farming.  I do not tend to like it.  Don't ask me why.  Just do not.  I join farms to level, and prefer to fight when I can, even at disadvantages. 

I recently got a second account up and have one toon, a SS/Fire farmer on it.  This is to PL my main account projects.  

Then i decided to get a real farmer, and about two weeks ago created a Rad/Fire Brute.  Has two builds, PvE TF, and PvE Farm.  Do not like solo farming.  still.  So, that isnt getting used much.

With my ability to PL myself I finally got around to further exploring my Blaster concepts.  This has been an ongoing thing with me since back on live.  What can I say, I am not great at working through some stuff.  But, i finally got a fully ranged Blaster up.  I liked it.  A lot!  Elec/Temp/Force.  Softcap ranged defense.  After I 50d him I joined some Farms to hover blast and open incarnate slots.  Worked real well.  i mean REAL well.

So, i went looking at other builds and discovered my abandoned 43 Ice/Temp Blaster.  PLd that to 50, built it out.  Joined a farm or two.  Worked well.  Real well.

Now I am starting to see ads for Hover Farms in Atlas.  I literally never saw this before.  I have to tell you, after you hover blast a farm you will be hard pressed to going back to tanking or bruting a farm.  It is that good.  t9 at range?  Oh, yeah.  Aim+BuildUp+Nuke yessssss

Have these hover farms been around a while and I missed it?  Or am I actually part of a trend for once?

Joing a Water/Temp blaster who dragged a brute around on a second account.  He doesn't hover, but plays like a FPS with SS/CJ and doesn't move much.  Impressive, he can cast the T9 nuke and Judgement while running before he stops for the cast time and is beyond their retaliation range.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

2 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

Everything scatters as soon as you attack it with a hovering ranged attack while solo.  It's incredibly inefficient for time.

no, not solo hover farming (which I think we be better on my Elec/Temp/Force....those mobs disappear on the alpha a LOT.  But on the Ice?  yeah, DoT incites the run mechanic.)

I am talking about seeing ads recruiting hitters for Hover Farms....  Just started noticing it