My fresh 50 sent: WB/DA. Thoughts on IOs needed and my thoughts on DA

Sanguine Anemia

Just got my water (blood) blast/dark armor sentinel to 50.

I know a lot of people on here dislike DA but I find it fun.

I run cloak of fear, oppressive gloom and the dark epic pool to provide -to hit debuff. I play from the scrapper position so I'm useful with my auras.

While soft capping the defenses will/would be a nightmare I wonder if its needed.

My resists are decent base, including a 60% psi resist with 1 set bonus and cardio alpha.

I think if I focus on resists instead of defense I could be a decent off-debuffer while still providing AoE.

What are your thoughts on this?

Ultimately I have fun with this character so if you want to rail on its that's fine. Still gonna have fun!

• 1 month later

You don't need to worry about soft capping /Dark.  Your build is going to have a lot of soft control by default (slows in primary, stun in secondary) and that is your mitigation.  Then combined with Obscure Sustenance, which is seriously no joke of a power, and Dehydrate you have a lot of health padding through heals.  

I have a Dark/Dark/Dark project and it has around 27% positional defense to all.  I don't bother with Cloak of Fear, Oppressive Gloom, or Soul Transfer because Dark Blast has enough -to hit I don't need it.  Any of those 3 powers are still useful though.  

Originally, I was going down the Psi Mastery path for Mass Hypnosis, Dominate and Link Minds for a kind of classic vampire theme.  Link Minds took the build from 27% to 32% defense.  Again, I don't need it with the -to hit I have baked into the primary.  If you're using Darkest Night, you may not need to push past 25-27% either.  Do note, -to hit can be resisted but it won't be a big deal for weaker enemies. 

Cardiac is a solid choice for /Dark. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KaizenSoze said:

I thought about DA. How is your endurance usage?

Can't speak for the OP, but in my case it is no worse than any other set with 3 base line toggles.  Cloak of Fear is the only toggle in the set with a base 0.52/s end drain.  

Obscure Sustenance helps manage endurance as well as regenerate health (and heal).  The resource returns all degrade over time but the cool down can be reduce to make it effectively permanent.  You just need a victim volunteer to siphon from.