Illusions and Delusions an Ill/Psn discussion

The_Warpact

So...I rolled up a an Ill/Psn last night, mind you I haven't done a Mids build yet (at least not until its updated).

My thought process was one of a perma fast moving troller, with blitz attacks coming out out of Invisibility with PA, Spectral, and Phantasm striking first with Poison debuffs then attacks.

Depending on enemies psn trap off a bit from baddies dropping PA on top to pull enemies to location, then the above steps of debuff/attacks.

I know Poison isn't Rad but I figure the faster hitting debuffs would be better on a quick strike character coupled with perma pets.

Thoughts?

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

2 hours ago, 5099y_74c05 said:

I think its a great choice.

Debuff sets pair well with Illusion as do the extra Hold controls. /Poison's ST debuff numbers exceed /Rads, its only the splash numbers that are slightly weaker. I recommend playing it through at least until level 35 to see if you like the combo; Poison Trap can turn a seemingly bad combo around, its just a long wait to get there.

What changes are you expecting in MIDS that will impact the combo?

Travel powers, I plan to incorporate the new SS into it for the hit and run tactics.

I also want to see the numbers for the Concealment set now specifically infiltration as it is a movement/stealth.

Upon thinking on it further, outdoor/large maps will be the blitz playstyle while the sneaky sneaky poison trap attack for caves/sewers. Oooo although I hadn't considered the TP pool for bringing them in right on top of the trap and within reach of venomous gas.

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

I've got one and its a beast. It can solo AVs if you're into that. The radii of Envenom and Weaken are pretty small (8 ft), so you need to do a fair amount of clicking if you want to debuff multiple foes. I don't do the sneaky bit with Poison Trap - I have it loaded with procs and run into the middle of a group (after dropping PA or Spectral) and drop it at their feet. I haven't respec'ed since the TP pool was changed, so can't speak to using Fold Space.

Illusion has Superior Invisibility, so not sure why you would drop into the Concealment pool. My biggest problem is forgetting to turn off Venomous Gas when I'm trying to be stealthy.

• Like 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

1 hour ago, Uun said:

I've got one and its a beast. It can solo AVs if you're into that. The radii of Envenom and Weaken are pretty small (8 ft), so you need to do a fair amount of clicking if you want to debuff multiple foes. I don't do the sneaky bit with Poison Trap - I have it loaded with procs and run into the middle of a group (after dropping PA or Spectral) and drop it at their feet. I haven't respec'ed since the TP pool was changed, so can't speak to using Fold Space.

Illusion has Superior Invisibility, so not sure why you would drop into the Concealment pool. My biggest problem is forgetting to turn off Venomous Gas when I'm trying to be stealthy.

Hence, why i need Mids because infiltration is a movement AND a stealth and I am concerned about the movement part and how it works compared to SS/CJ combo.

1 hour ago, 5099y_74c05 said:

The TP pool is the better option in my opinion but I still don't think its necessary. I think the Concealment pool is wasted since Illusion has the best stealth in the game. Laying down the Poison Trap doesn't suppress stealth, it only suppresses when trap goes off.

Mechanically the way Fold Space works, you select a target and click Fold Space. The mobs are transported to your location. I'm not sure if this action triggers stealth suppression or not, I'll test it out later.

I think the challenge with Ill/Psn is getting permPA while hitting your other build goals. PROCs are definitely the way to go; all your debuffs and holds can be offensive actions now.

Let me know about the stealth suppression with Fold Space plz.

20 minutes ago, 5099y_74c05 said:

Fold Space notifies enemies. Trap laying from /Traps and /Poison doesn't trigger suppression nor do the actual effects from the Poison Trap but it will cause aggro to you. Traps like Acid Mortars will draw aggro on themselves.

But if PA is active does aggro still come or does PA taunt it away?

14 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

So...I rolled up a an Ill/Psn last night, mind you I haven't done a Mids build yet (at least not until its updated).

My thought process was one of a perma fast moving troller, with blitz attacks coming out out of Invisibility with PA, Spectral, and Phantasm striking first with Poison debuffs then attacks.

Depending on enemies psn trap off a bit from baddies dropping PA on top to pull enemies to location, then the above steps of debuff/attacks.

I know Poison isn't Rad but I figure the faster hitting debuffs would be better on a quick strike character coupled with perma pets.

Thoughts?

Il / poison is my Main and hes an total Beast.

From Av and GM Hunts to Teaming he can do it all without even breaking a sweat.

I Normaly let my PA attack and then roll in and finish all.

Agro is never an problem with PA and SI.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 10:14 PM, Braddack said:

Il / poison is my Main and hes an total Beast.

From Av and GM Hunts to Teaming he can do it all without even breaking a sweat.

I Normaly let my PA attack and then roll in and finish all.

Agro is never an problem with PA and SI.

What did you take for your incarnate powers? Not worried about Alpha but what about Hybrid? Support?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

What did you take for your incarnate powers? Not worried about Alpha but what about Hybrid? Support?

For Hybrid i Took Assault Partial radial Craft,  Interface i took Degenerative for - Max HP.

just for a little more damage overall, cant hurt.

Edited by Braddack
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Braddack said:

For Hybrid i Took Assault Partial radial Craft,  Interface i took Degenerative for - Map HP.

just for a little more damage overall, cant hurt.

I wonder if Support double the dmg for PA?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

as far as i can say, it doesnt, but hey you cant have it all 😄

but i have to say, i am in no means an Expert for Illu.

I did this Combo because i had never seen one and found it an nice choice.

I never dit imagine that its so powerfull.

Edited by Braddack
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2021 at 6:26 AM, The_Warpact said:

It doesn't buff Phantom Army or Spectral Terror at all. It does buff Phantasm (and provides the double buff if you take Core). I don't believe Hybrid Assault buffs Phantom Army either. 

I'm a big fan of Hybrid Support - it's a team/league buff with a 50 foot radius. I take it on most of my controllers, defenders and corruptors. 

• Like 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel