Costume Contest that...wasn't?!??

Snarky

Long freaking Monday.  Work, workout, staring down a long work week.  Logged in for a few minor things.  Auction. ran a couple missions in Ouro.  Saw an ad for a 400 million Costume Contest.  (I NEVER win these, but I enjoy the ritual of our game)

Headed to Echo, along with quite a few folks.  Long story short.  We was punked.  No contest.

I do not want to feed the trolls.  I almost did not post this.  But this (well, almost everything when you get down to it) really pisses me off.  I have never seen a Costume Contest not happen after an ad.  Is this thing starting to be a thing? Was this indeed a one time occurrence I happened to stumble upon?  Can anyone track down the offender and exact furious retribution?  Enquiring minds want to know!

Edited by Snarky

1 minute ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

To offer the benefit of doubt, perhaps the organizer had a real-world emergency?

Did anyone attempt to reach out to the player who was announcing the contest and find out what happened?

Oh, I said this in Redside peak. "Can anyone track down the offender and exact furious retribution?"

Blueside.  Right.  Right.  "Did anyone attempt to reach out to the Player...?"  Yeah.  That is what i meant.  nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more.