built in CoH Splasher

Remember the old CoH Splasher mod that let us customize splash screens?

Would be cool if something like this was built into the HC client.

Not necessarily the personally customizable aspect, but the HC team could include among the screenshots selections from those submitted by players.

Edited by Wavicle
  • Like 1

• 1 year later
1 hour ago, Psychic Guardian said:

Did you ever find a working Splasher for HC (I don't know why they changed the locations of LoginScreen files so the old tools broke)? i'm working on customizing the Loginscreen now and would love one, or might end up trying to figure out how to write one myself if the community needs it.

I don't know, I haven't really looked for it. But if I was going to look, I would start here:

Oh I've seen that. That's more of an "Apply a Mod" tool than tools to create mods, at least at the app's current stage. I found the PiggViewer and luckily another app that can create .texture since apparently PiggViewer crashes when it tries to complete that task (at least on my PC). I did find the installer for the ancient "Neo Splasher" installer and confirmed it writes to the wrong path, however it also has the email of the dev so that was an option I considered but for now i'm doing ok I think. Just got sidetracked updating the LoginScreen I made on Live.

• City Council

NeoSplasher was actually one of my old tools as well lol...  It talked to my website (the data it requested is no longer there), so even if the paths for login screens weren't different now, it wouldn't work anyway.  It's been on my list of things to work on, but that list is VERY long at this point.  I might see about bumping it up as I still have the source for it kicking around.

51 minutes ago, Michiyo said:

NeoSplasher was actually one of my old tools as well lol...  It talked to my website (the data it requested is no longer there), so even if the paths for login screens weren't different now, it wouldn't work anyway.  It's been on my list of things to work on, but that list is VERY long at this point.  I might see about bumping it up as I still have the source for it kicking around.

Oh it looks like it just needs the path and xml header changed. It did throw an error it couldn't reach your site, but then output a .texture for me with the old folder hierarchy and everything(I can't remember if I checked if the image was valid. I know I looked at the xml. That was the purpose of installing honestly, just to make sure I wasn't going insane and the dir HAD changed.)