Reaction Time breaking stealth from IOs

Uun

In Issue 27, Page 1, the following change was made to Reaction Time:

• If you are concealed (from Stealth or a similar power) this power will not impact foes unless you are in combat (it will no longer accidentally break stealth)

I have the Unbounded Leap/Stealth IO slotted in Sprint and Reaction Time doesn't suppress when I activate Sprint. I have to remember to turn off Reaction Time or I aggro everything.  Was the above change only intended to benefit stealth powers but not stealth IOs?

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Short version: yes, it was only intended to benefit actual stealth powers.

Longer version: Stealth powers do things the IOs don't that powers like Reaction time can check for. As things stand now, such powers have no way to know you have a Stealth IO active.

Was that change also meant to keep self-affecting procs from firing (e.g., Numina +Regen/+Recovery and Regenerative Tissue +Regen)?  That appears to be the current behavior.

More on that here:

If the power now includes an "Activation Effects" group (AEGs) when viewed on CoD (and Reaction Time does), there's a good chance the proc will no longer work in it. I think this was not specifically intended. It's a side effect of changes to have various "self + foe" powers to use AEGs, which were done to clean up various powers. For example, Reaction Time was meant to hit as many as 10 enemies, but to also affect the caster. Previously, to support this, it had a target a cap of 11 and (even) more convoluted per effect-group requirements. With AEGs, it can have a target cap of 10, all those targets will always be enemies, and the self buffs come from the AEGs, which don't care about targeting (they always affect the caster.)

However, a lot of self-affecting procs weren't configured with this new behavior in mind, and now they simply no longer work on the caster in powers like this because the power's standard effects no longer affect the caster. (Procs don't fire off of AEGs and the only standard effect group in RT that works on the caster now is the one with the buffs that trigger on detoggle.)

This wasn't noticed in testing. Edit: And the change to procs in RT had nothing to do with the Stealth-related changes discussed above.

I'm pretty sure something will be done here to address this, but I don't think we have a commitment to that effect from the devs, or any timeline. 

Edited by UberGuy