I'm looking for a "punk"

Techwright

I am acquainted with several "punk" genres: steampunk, cyberpunk, dieselpunk (my favorite), even DaVinci-punk.  

What I seek, though, is a punk for the post-WWII era: Cold War, jet power, Sputnik, rockabilly, and television.  Is there such a punk and what is it called?

Note: I got thinking on this after viewing a video with a Soviet craft that seemed like punk material, but not really dieselpunk:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

Decopunk?

Hmm, I get that  Decopunk on some internet listings moves into the 1950s, but it is really a subset of Dieselpunk covering the pre-WWII years. Still, it is worth noting.

What I am hoping to find would be something that the original animated TV show Johnny Quest would fit, as a proto-version.  The old Tom Swift books from that era would likely fit as well as reading for young people.

5 hours ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

Brutalism would certainly apply, especially with Soviet construction, I suspect.

I think I finally hit on it though:  Atompunk aka Atomicpunk.  Makes sense, considering the atomic bombs are a clear demarcation between WWII and what came after.

I kinda dig that it has incorporated Populuxe and Raygun Gothic for its look and feel. 

Populuxe Examples

Not sure that we have enough costume bits in game to make this work (well, we definitely have the Raygun Gothic stuff, but I'm thinking more down-to-earth), but I'd love to have a few Atomicpunk looks on my characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later
On 7/19/2021 at 12:17 PM, Techwright said:

What I seek, though, is a punk for the post-WWII era: Cold War, jet power, Sputnik, rockabilly, and television.  Is there such a punk and what is it called?

Wouldn't something like "atompunk" fit - think the Fallout series...