Add a Mission Bypass Button in the Mission Architect Controls

Sometimes when you're playing a story arc someone has made, there might pop up a bug or other issue that makes it impossible to proceed.

Instead of wasting GM time to try to figure out what went wrong and fix it - if that's even possible, I heard that GMs can't really work with Mission Achitect missions, but that might just have been misinformation from the days of Paragon Studios.

Anyway, I figured that there could be a button in the Mission Architect controls that would let us complete a mission so we can proceed to finish the arc. I spent 4 hours today trying to get a third glowie to spawn in a huge outdoors map, over and over again, and I got really frustrated starting over repeatedly to try to get the glowie to appear.

In any case, auto-completing a mission would of course forfeit all the completion rewards and only have the benefit of letting us get past a broken or too difficult mission so we can complete a story arc.

This button already exists in test mode, so what I'm asking for is simply to have this same button available during actual play.

• Like 2

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

This, or maybe just have objectives appear on the minimap.

Unfortunately, there are at most a dozen people on Resurgence who use AE for anything other than farming or yiffing, so any actual code changes are very unlikely.

Edited by Kyksie
  • Like 1

I just make suggestions and let the devs sort it out. No point trying to figure out what they will or won't do beforehand.

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora