/Dark interactions with other powers???

Sou1catcher

A couple questions about /Dark.

Fearsome Stare: Once it hits, am I wasting it by dropping a AOE attack on top of them? They seem to snap right out if they take damage.

Is there a solid rotation I should be using beyond Tar Patch, Rain if Fire and Fireball that will create some interesting interaction?

I hear Soul Drain, Dark Consumption, Inferno, Rain of Fire is a good combo but I'm not seeing how they work together to cause a Greater effect.

I also Love spamming Howling Twilight, am I wasting it if there is no one to Res?

Edited by Sou1catcher

Fearsome stare has 2 things going for it.  A Fear and a -ToHit debuff.

The fear means they won't attack unless attacked, but they'll go back to the fear state so they can only attack occasionally.

The ToHit debuff means they'll hit you less often.

What this team needs is more Defenders

9 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

Fearsome stare has 2 things going for it.  A Fear and a -ToHit debuff.

The fear means they won't attack unless attacked, but they'll go back to the fear state so they can only attack occasionally.

The ToHit debuff means they'll hit you less often.

So no Rain of Fire. just try to keep it to single target attacks. Many Thanks

Rain of Fire will keep waking them up, but they'll miss you a lot. Especially if Darkest Night and/or Fluffy are also in the mix.

Slot Fearsome for -ToHit, not Fear and treat it like a debuff with a side of Mez.

Soul Drain raises your damage, Tar Patch lowers enemy resists. Between the two of them you have a multiplicative effect so they go VERY well together (this is true of any +Damage buff coupled with a resist debuff).

Howling Twilight is a box of tricks. It rezzes. It stuns (minions on its own, can be combined with other stuns if you have them to cover lieuts and even bosses). It makes things run in fear (if not stunned. It's slightly annoying). It debuffs Regen. It debuffs recharge (but not run speed). It has the best SFX in the game. And it autohits.

So no you aren't wasting it by spamming it, but most of the time -Regen isn't needed and the Afraid run away effect can be annoying (but that's what Tar Patch is also for). It's excellent against AVs thanks to the -Regen.

On 8/6/2021 at 12:44 PM, Sou1catcher said:

So no Rain of Fire. just try to keep it to single target attacks. Many Thanks

Rain of Fire works well with Tar Patch.  The AI on most enemy types will have the mob prioritize running out of the Rain instead of attacking.  They will have a hard time doing so due to Tar Patch slowing them, so they'll be slowly shuffling around instead of returning fire.  Enemies can't attack and move at the same time, so it becomes a psuedo-control combo in its own way.  The only downside is if you hit the enemies with an immobilize, because then they can't run, so they go back to trying to use their ranged attacks.

The combo works even better for Ice/ due to the stacking slows on Ice Storm and Blizzard, but it still works well for Rain of Fire.

• Like 1