repost- Super computer to correlate Inventions and Salvage

plainguy

Personally playing a bunch of toons on and off, this is what usually transpires..

Once I get a toon to 50. I then being going through each character to see which IOs they have in AH and Which IOs they are holding.. I am also looking at the merits and Salvage.. 

It would be really nice if a player could go to a super invention table and get access to ALL the inventions and ALL the Salvage on his characters.. 
Again only speaking for myself but I am sure there are others out there.. 

When I get to 50.. It could take 4 to 6 hours over 2 days period to slot out a character.  I usually run 2 accounts during the build process so I can pass off stuff to the other toon in base and I have one salvage rack empty to drop off stuff as well.  

Look even if I had to log on the other toon to get what I needed. At least I can look to see who has it by using this super computer. 

Further it would be nice if the super computer could pull from the salvage bins instead of having to look through the salvage bins to find what  I need and have it on the character.. 

13 hours ago, plainguy said:

Further it would be nice if the super computer could pull from the salvage bins instead of having to look through the salvage bins to find what  I need and have it on the character.. 

Don't bother saving salvage other than orange-red.  Salvage drops so fast, you should be checking recipes and making IOs as you get them.  Save the useful ones like proc, LOTG, what ever and delete/sell the rest.  When you got time, drop in a SG table.  If you have 4 of 5 salvage for something, than buy just the 1 piece.  But always stay on top of your recipe list, salvage storage, and enhancement tray.  Its like filling your car with gas, oil change every so many months, and rotating the tires.  Maintain the inventory, don't hold onto it "well I may need it...maybe...you know, off chance."

People keep saying global storage is a great idea, you are creating a problem you can fix with 5 minutes work a day.  It takes more effort now to check every table, the AH, drag and drop, click this or that trying to build 3 dozen IO when I can just drop off the Pancrease, Force Feedback, LOTG that I know what I have with maybe a couple of sets I decide to keep (Doctored Wound, Crushing Impact) and buy the resist.  Than the only problem is influence, which is much easier to manage than 80 recipes, 1000 salvage, and my sanity.

• Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

On 8/22/2021 at 9:12 AM, Outrider_01 said:

Don't bother saving salvage other than orange-red.  Salvage drops so fast, you should be checking recipes and making IOs as you get them.  Save the useful ones like proc, LOTG, what ever and delete/sell the rest.  When you got time, drop in a SG table.  If you have 4 of 5 salvage for something, than buy just the 1 piece.  But always stay on top of your recipe list, salvage storage, and enhancement tray.  Its like filling your car with gas, oil change every so many months, and rotating the tires.  Maintain the inventory, don't hold onto it "well I may need it...maybe...you know, off chance."

People keep saying global storage is a great idea, you are creating a problem you can fix with 5 minutes work a day.  It takes more effort now to check every table, the AH, drag and drop, click this or that trying to build 3 dozen IO when I can just drop off the Pancrease, Force Feedback, LOTG that I know what I have with maybe a couple of sets I decide to keep (Doctored Wound, Crushing Impact) and buy the resist.  Than the only problem is influence, which is much easier to manage than 80 recipes, 1000 salvage, and my sanity.

I get but my "let me save this just in case" has definitely and absolutely helped me.. 

I think today, unlike back then..  Actual Disc Space is no longer an issue and cheap.. I am sure if anything that they have more Disc space then they know what to do with. 

My thoughts Super Hero/Villain game. High Tech.. Magic.. Bases have some cool stuff in them.. Portals.. ETC.. But no computer that controls inventory ? We have this in the Real World today..