Incorrect mob marker on map

srmalloy

I see a lot of bugs in this late-addition feature of flagging last-mobs-standing on maps. Usually, speckles of red arrows that prove to be phantoms. I had repeated bugs with this in the "Retrieve the Hong Snub Soo" mission, where the defeated Tsoo would turn green and follow me around, while many red arrows pointed to nothing at all, and the mission would not complete.

Nice feature, especially in pointing you to that last objective,  but it doesn't always work all that well.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I've noticed that the 'last mob' indicator doesn't seem to update all that often, and when you move close enough to the mob's actual position to be able to see them, the game can draw the new mob position indicator without erasing the old one, and sometimes moving close to a 'historical' mob position indicator will erase that one and not draw a new one until you move some. So it's useful but annoying.

52 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

I've noticed that the 'last mob' indicator doesn't seem to update all that often, and when you move close enough to the mob's actual position to be able to see them, the game can draw the new mob position indicator without erasing the old one, and sometimes moving close to a 'historical' mob position indicator will erase that one and not draw a new one until you move some. So it's useful but annoying.

And too much like that science fiction movie trope where Bad Things keep multiplying in the radar/sonar/Bad Thing Detector. 🙂

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com