AV Killers

WitchofDread

With 45% ranged defense and a life drain, you'll be solid for survival, but Dark has much lower DPS than other options.  I recommend going for 45% smash/lethal on hover blasters as well to cover a large portion of non-ranged attacks.  

I made a dark/plant hover blaster once-upon-a-time thinking that the -regen (which as a /plant I could apply from range) would make up for the lower DPS.  In terms of survival, I'd say this may be the strongest toon I've ever made (against non-tohit boosted enemies).  However, this toon is where I discovered just how much +4 AVs resist debuffs.  It's disappointing how much more efficient it is to just use a high damage ranged blaster option like fire, ice, or beam rifle then to pluck away all day with dark.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

To that point, a +3 AV (assuming 54 AV against 50+1 incarnate) would resist like this:

-Regen of 250% is applied from Drain Psyche

AV resists 35% of this due to Purple Patch.  250% * 0.65 = 162.5%

AV resists 87% of this due to Purple Triangles.  162.5% * 0.13 = 21.25% Regen debuff

It is still an effective attack, especially combined with -HP incarnate interface… but yeah, pretty brutal resistance.

formerly @JimmyVine (on Infinity & Victory)

currently @Cenozoic (on Reunion)

Cenozoic (Mind/Psionic Dominator) ... Los Infiernos (Fire/Devices Blaster) ... Slof (Stone/Spines Tanker) ... Zen's Furnace (Illusion/Dark Controller) ... Cryovolcano (Earth/Cold Controller)