Dark miasma/sonic

WitchofDread

Trying to workout overall which is the most effective combo.

Dark/sonic def or sonic/dark corr.

Tar patch for the def has -30% res where as with the corr I believe it's -24%. 

On a def sonic blast has -20% and on a corr it is -15%.

Now from a purely -res perspective def comes out as a clear winner, but what happens when you add Scourge into the equation?

I'm really torn as to what will be more damaging overall.

4 hours ago, WitchofDread said:

Trying to workout overall which is the most effective combo.

Dark/sonic def or sonic/dark corr.

Tar patch for the def has -30% res where as with the corr I believe it's -24%. 

On a def sonic blast has -20% and on a corr it is -15%.

Now from a purely -res perspective def comes out as a clear winner, but what happens when you add Scourge into the equation?

I'm really torn as to what will be more damaging overall.

Corr will do more dmg and easier to solo than Defender. Defender will be (imho) funnier to play and more rewarding with teams. All in all, both should be awesome.

Being chased by a wasp is the most complete sport practice!

53 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

my defender is a kin/sonic that i’ve played a lot for 2 years - you’ll definitely do a lot more damage if you made a dark blast/sonic dispersion corr rather than sonic blast

a nice combination too, some -res, +res and -acc

Both would be sonic blast/ dark miasma. Not dark blast/sonic dis

42 minutes ago, Nightmarer said:

Corr will do more dmg and easier to solo than Defender. Defender will be (imho) funnier to play and more rewarding with teams. All in all, both should be awesome.

The problem with corr is trying to get the ranged def cap and s/l res cap without sacrificing too much dmg

2 hours ago, WitchofDread said:

The problem with corr is trying to get the ranged def cap and s/l res cap without sacrificing too much dmg

it isn’t necessary, play it for its blasting and buff/debuff strengths. the game has  tank and brute archetypes if you want to aggro mobs

5 hours ago, WitchofDread said:

Yes but if i want to solo a lot of content at +4/x8 with AV's (which i mostly do) Its better to have.

Truth but also sort of a subset of the likely majority of players making this choice.  And against +4 EB's and up the debuffs and cc of Dark Miasma will be less effective at protecting you while solo.  However, if you are 1) teamed (regardless of  the presence of a classic tanking AT or not) and 2) fighting lower notorieties those debuffs and cc will greatly cut down on the need for capped defense allowing you to beef up other aspects of the build.  Basically higher level AVs are highly resistant to debuffs and buffing yourself via sets bonuses is much more critical to surviving such encounters so its not really a problem of getting those defenses as deciding what sort of content are you going to face, particularly when solo and hence which type of build do you need.

12 hours ago, WitchofDread said:

Yes but if i want to solo a lot of content at +4/x8 with AV's (which i mostly do) Its better to have.

each to their own i suppose

since re-launch i’ve observed this fad trend of (in my opinion) ruining builds for the sake of capped ranged def / SL res etc

as doomguide comments, debuffs are pretty inaffective against +4s. in my opinion the game shines the best when people play their ATs to their strengths. can spend far too long worrying about builds and min/maxing

• Like 1