Resources, etc for Testing/QA?

Just a few quick questions, if that's okay.

1. When testing, do you want us to focus only on the 'new changes' you're implementing, or is any sort of testing okay to do?

2. A lot of in-game tooltips, info blocks, detailed info blocks, etc seem to have incorrect or missing info. Where is the best place to find the 'correct' info? Is there a DB, wiki, list, or similar I can take a look at? (example: lots of powers have no info under detailed info)

3. While testing (on test or 'live'), let's say I find something wildly off or broken. What's the best way for me to document and then alert the team of my findings? (Post here, secret PM to a GM, etc)

4. Is there a specific combat log parser we are all using to verify findings, or am I stuck manually combing through combat logs and such? (There used to be herostats, and I think another combat log parser)

With the right resources, goals, and information, it will make it a lot easier for us to get you bug reports, findings, and similar.

Thanks in advance.

1) You can play whatever you like, that's why it has all the cheaty commands enabled. But it would be nice to get feedback on the changes that are being proposed, based on actual playtesting.

2) That's tricky, there's no real good resource right now. City of Data is dead and ParagonWiki is outdated. The powers that don't have detailed info are the ones that use a "power redirect" to behave differently under some conditions, among others.

3) Forums! Definitely post on the forums.

4) Just the combat log chat, if a problem is obvious it should be easy to reproduce by anyone.

1. Okay, good to know. Thanks!

2. OKay, i'll try to figure out something. One other place I notice a lot of problems is in pretty much every single one of the Sentinel sets. References to missing powers, not much explanation on exactly how Opportunity works (no numbers/detailed info, no mention that folks should grab both 'starter' attacks, no explanation on differences between offensive/defensive, etc etc etc)... Sentinels seem pretty dang awesome but I feel like I need to spend a day or two testing in AE missions, pylons, and/or RWZ shooting targets just to properly gather info that *should* be right there written on the tin.

3. Will do. Would bugs be appropriate, or this forum (Beta) here?

4. Some things might take quite a long time to gather data on (example: "How much -defense does the Sentinel's initial Opportunity debuff apply, if any?") and I wasn't quite sure if y'all had a program that made things easier, or if I was stuck setting up macros or whatever in Notepad++.

2) That's tricky, there's no real good resource right now. City of Data is dead and ParagonWiki is outdated. The powers that don't have detailed info are the ones that use a "power redirect" to behave differently under some conditions, among others.

Is there a way to redirect to that data, or to just let it wall-of-text us for its different conditions, or at worst mark down the basic values in the description or something (like the damage scale and the such)?

I've noticed many powers have those little green expansion sections in their details, but those again sometimes are empty in themselves - is it just that redirecting doesn't actually work with the engine thus all those empty "click to expand" parts?

I've noticed many powers have those little green expansion sections in their details, but those again sometimes are empty in themselves - is it just that redirecting doesn't actually work with the engine thus all those empty "click to expand" parts?

Correct.