The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

What is this iMSR thing?

FrierFarmer

LFG tab, you can queue up an instanced Mothership Raid that uses its own instance of a modified RWZ so the 50-player cap on the regular zone instance doesn't get affected. 

• Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

Instanced Rikti mothership raids were added on October 1st, 2019 when Issue 26, Page Four went live.

It’s mostly used on the Torchbearer and Indomitable shards.  Everyone has to be level 35+ and have the Member of Vanguard badge to join.  All of the mobs, including the pylons, are level 54 so it’s a little more difficult than the zone MSR.  The hospital is much closer to the mothership, so you can get back in the action much more quickly.  Unlike the zone MSR, everyone on the team shares Vanguard merits no matter where they are on the map, so Tankers and Brutes tend to get a lot more Vanguard merits than they do on a zone MSR.  There’s also less lag in the instance due to the significantly smaller map size.

Between the less lag, everyone in the league being level 35+, and teams sharing Vanguard merits (including Tankers and Brutes), you tend to get more Vanguard merits on an instanced MSR compared to a zone MSR, and it’s an overall better experience IMO.

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

On a side note... if you lock the team, you can generate an MSR instance solo.  It sets the whole zone to your current difficulty setting.  It's the only way I know of to "street sweep" and see exclusively +4 spawns.  I do this sometimes I'm waiting for something interesting to show up in LFG.

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

31 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

On a side note... if you lock the team, you can generate an MSR instance solo.  It sets the whole zone to your current difficulty setting.  It's the only way I know of to "street sweep" and see exclusively +4 spawns.  I do this sometimes I'm waiting for something interesting to show up in LFG.

Yep.  That’s how they’re formed on both Torchbearer and Indomitable.  The raid leader queues for the MSR solo with a locked team.  Once inside the instance, the raid leader then begins inviting others inside.

It’s a much better way to form instanced mothership raids instead of forming a league and then queuing.

FWIW though, your own difficulty setting doesn’t matter.  You could be set at -1 and all of the mobs will be level 54.

Edited by Apparition
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Apparition said:

FWIW though, your own difficulty setting doesn’t matter.  You could be set at -1 and all of the mobs will be level 54.

AH.. wasn't aware of that... I just noticed everything at 54 instead of graduated like the normal RWZ and assumed it was my settings.  Thanks.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow