Stop the Blogger's Reign of Terror - mission breakable

RubyRed

Found another tip mission that's easy to break. This is one of the missions for Rogue -> Hero alignment shift, level 40.

1. Objectives get kind of weird in the beginning. It starts with "three heroes to rescue", but at various points while I was testing this out it also said things like "One hero to rescue, 2" and also just "2".
  2. The hostages can be hit by enemy aoes and get killed. Snow Maiden died on me on my first attempt, which left me with no objectives and had to reset it.

"We're out of options, I'll have to use the jetpack," I said, strapping on the jetpack and ignoring the many non-jetpack options still left.

Having trouble deciding your next alt? Just need a cool name? Try out City Suggests

Looking for powers data? Try the Powers API

I'll second this one - it's one tip I go in assuming it'll be broken.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

It's not just this mission. However, yeah, the heroes are often killed by enemy AoEs. The only way to deal with it is to have a ranged attack, including prestige ones, and blast an enemy from a safe distance to pull them away from the NPCs. This /usually/ avoids the problem, but not always. (The other mission with this problem is the rescue the injured PPD mission blue side. One of the injured PPD invariably spawns near the boss at the end and is immediately killed by the boss as a valid target.)