Remove Tailor restrictions.

Kaelit

As the title states, I'd like to see tailor restrictions removed. Champions Online's done it some time ago and I've only seen positive feedback on the change from the community.

To be clear, I understand some categories can't go together due to engine restrictions, like if they use the same internal slot (though I'd appreciate a workaround if possible), but I see no reason for others to exist - wouldn't you love to use ACTUAL gloves while wearing jackets? Or have armored chest items AND all chest detail pieces available?

More freedom = more creativity! I can't even begin to imagine the creations we'd see considering the ingenuity of the game's playerbase!

Hopefully you're on board!

• Thumbs Up 1

No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.

Generally you will see alot of people agree on these types of suggestions.  I would be happy with extra costume options as well.  There are reasons why everything isnt available though.  Several items will clip through each other when used.  Maybe we dont care if the items clip but the dev team seems to and doesnt want to release a poor quality product.

Many costume pieces that were made for male or female only dont line up when placed on the other body type.  Some leave gaps where the texture isnt large enough to wrap around and others have shading in the upper frontal region that doesnt make sense on the opposite model.

All of this means it takes alot more time to open up costume options then many people realize.  Im generally on board for more costume pieces but i'll choose gameplay content over costume pieces if i can only have 1.  

The thing is, the same issue was brought up when CO went through the discussion - however, the argument presented there still stands - if someone really wants to make a costume that clips, they will. It's easily achievable even with the options we currently have. I guarantee you most will try to make something that looks good, though, and will use the clipping to their advantage. 

Case in point, I'm attaching a screenshot of my character from CO. Notice that the gauntlets he's wearing have blades - neither of these blades are original pieces of the gloves he's wearing. They're only there because the devs allowed for clipping and let us use both "Long gloves" and "Gauntlet" categories at the same time, despite those being exclusive in the past.

Now, there's tons of pieces that don't mesh as well and - with a few notable exceptions - people generally don't use them. You don't want a toon that's got two different sets of tubes and wires sticking through their chest (or maybe you do! Who am I to judge?). Still, it's nice to have the option.

I do agree with you on the missing texture issues, though, those are a whole 'nother story and should not be included in this change as they are, like you said, poor quality products.

Spoiler

screenshot_2020-03-26-19-16-19.jpg

Edited by Kaelit
  • Thumbs Up 1

No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.

The whole idea of allowing clipping reducing the quality of a product is silly.  Especially when, as in Kaelit's example, it actually increases the number of actually good looking things that can be done.

The fact is, people that don't want/like clipping can still avoid the items that clip while those who can get them to blend or don't mind it or even want the effect can have it.  Truly, it doesn't reduce the quality, it very much enhances the quality of the product as it allows more people to be even happier with their costumes, thus increasing both the quality of life for the players and, by proxy the perception of quality of of the end product.

If the argument boils down to not wanting to allow people to create ugly things, then, and I can assure you, people can and still very much do such things.  Those who want to create something ugly will, regardless of clipping or not.

Heck, I remember back in live having a glitched extra slot that I had to use a text command to even use and I could choose to even change my character's sex in it to the opposite of what it was normally.  The point is that not only was that neat, it opened up more options which I absolutely loved and, for those who were obsessed with costuming, they loved it as well.  Whether just to have another slot, or for the ability to switch sex.  For these people, myself included, it increased the quality of our gameplay and, even though it was a glitch, for us it increased the quality of the game just that little bit more.

I fully support this.  Let winged characters have tail coats, let some clipping happen, let people combine stuff to make even better looking hotdog costumes, or cool spikey gauntlets, or mult-layered skirts, or just whatever!  Life is short and can be even shorter than normal and rather cruel, it's time to stop worrying about silly things like clipping and just let people costume their hearts out, I say so +1 from me for this suggestion!

• Like 1