Roy Cooling. Part Four: The Only Way

Take One

This mission is full of unusual things happening and it's difficult to know if it works right.

• I managed to find Harken and brought him to an elevator that didn't work.
  • He said 'Thanks for getting me out alive', despite the time running out.
  • Then the mission ended, but didn't fail.

So it seems like something might be wrong but it's hard to tell what exactly.

Previously you had to bring Harken all the way down to the exit to rescue him, not just any random elevator. This is also how the mission is described on the wiki (https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Roy_Cooling).

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

Not sure if Harkens is scripted to survive if he makes it to the elevator that would get him to the ground floor, but I think that used to be the case. If you get him PAST the elevator to the ground floor, he WILL die. His pathing is beyond terrible and I've sat at the mission exit watching him veeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy slowly make his way there around the last corner as the timer ticks down until the mission comes up failed. Get him to the elevator and timer runs out? You're golden. Get him past it to the ground floor? Timer /will/ run out, he /will/ die, and mission /will/ fail. Every time.

I'm fairly sure I have managed to drag Harken down to the exit once since I started playing on HC. 99% sure.

I've never managed to find/click all the wounded PPD and also drag out Harken in time.

But in any case, the mission says "go to the exit", and the wiki says "go to the exit" so I think at some point the mission must have demanded that we go to the exit.

Unless the option to go to the elevator was always there but I never tried it, and whoever edited the wiki never tried it.

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

Valid point. I always make a point of getting all the injured PPD. So I do sabotage myself on time playing solo. However, with 30 seconds on the clock left, I've watched Harkens dawdle at the corner for 28 of it and he cannot be recalled. Usually, time runs out on me on the floor just above the ground floor, but since Harkens is at the stairwell down, mission ends but does not fail, and he can be walked the rest of the way to the exit. If I'm moving fast enough? I can reach the mission exit with about 10 seconds left, and Harkens will not move to the exit. Mission failed. On that most aggravating of runs though, I actually had a full 30 seconds waiting at the exit, even running back to see if Harkens lost me somehow, and he would not round the last corner until the timer finished.

• 1 year later

I keep trying, and failing to find all the Rogue PPD. Granted, I keep trying to Solo it which this was clearly not built to be done Solo. Maybe one of these days I'll recruit someone to help. Seems to me that the amount of time versus the amount of things you have to accomplish is very challenging, almost too challenging, But I like a challenge.

Mission- 4, Marine -0. dammit.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X