Constantly Running

Apparition

This isn't for me, but for a friend of mine.

Ever since the patch on November 2nd, whenever my friend plays on Homecoming and tabs out of the game, when he tabs back into the game: He starts running without the ability to stop, his toggle powers toggle on and off constantly, and his power bars keep switching around.  This also happens whenever he zones, and whenever he comes out of the enhancements screen.

FWIW, he's using Windows 11 and the Homecoming Launcher.  He's tried resetting his binds back to default.  Nothing works.  As far as he's concerned, this has made the game completely unplayable.

Any assistance with this issue would be appreciated.

I don't have Windows 11, but I've had this happen to me before.

What has always fixed it for me is to hold both mouse buttons down for a second. Sometimes I have to do it 2 or 3 times. The character will stop running then.

Please let me know if this works.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

On 12/12/2021 at 7:38 PM, PeregrineFalcon said:

I don't have Windows 11, but I've had this happen to me before.

What has always fixed it for me is to hold both mouse buttons down for a second. Sometimes I have to do it 2 or 3 times. The character will stop running then.

Please let me know if this works.

He tried that and he said that it didn't work.  My friend has also tried unplugging all devices from his notebook computer, but that didn't help either.

I am positive I experienced this randomly as far back as live.  I never modified coh keyboard layout in game as I am pretty casual player.  Nothing special about my desktop. I check email and come back to constant running against a wall. My mouse buttons are not stuck either. I just log out/in and behavior stops. 

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Waaaait a minute,.. Notebook....

Well many notebook have special commands to activate the weirdest stuff.. and "alt" is one of they keys to activate em, let him try alt+esc, its the same as alt+tab but the reverse order of windows that get activated. also try if going to windows using the windows key may change it and use mouse to back to coh window avoiding keyboard to task switch altogether.. just for a try.

Tried a USB Keyboard with it?

And of course since mouse has some functions as Peregrine said already, be sure he has the integrated mousepad deactivated... this cause often issues and unwanted responses since these things are sometimes way to sensitive.

Also did he try windowed mode... seen some issues in this forum running coh in fullscreen mode...

Edited by SuggestorK

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

• 5 weeks later

Did he tried it with deactivated integrated mousepad. Are any other background Programs running that could steal keyboard attention just ran into something like this last week at work.

A Colleague couldnt hit @ anymore cause a different Program deactivated the Alt Gr Key.

Also let him check his keybinds. not that he assigned run to a different key by accident.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server