end game and enhancements

Lafoote

So I'm at lvl 48.  I see on AH there are options for 51+ enhancement listings.  Yet there are 0 bids and 0 for sale.  What's going on with that?  Is there something I should be doing to get enhancements at that level, or is 50 still the real cap?

For IOs, 50 is the cap.

SOs and the various multi-aspect enhancements that drop from the Sewer Trial, Eden Trial, Hami Raids, and Aeon SF can go to 53 via combining.

(It may be possible to get DOs or TOs to 53 if you really, really wanted. I can't imagine any practical purpose for this.)

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

27 minutes ago, Lafoote said:

So I'm at lvl 48.  I see on AH there are options for 51+ enhancement listings.  Yet there are 0 bids and 0 for sale.  What's going on with that?  Is there something I should be doing to get enhancements at that level, or is 50 still the real cap?

That's likely a reality of the market and the way enhancements are bucketed, meaning a Level 48 enhancement can be listed by a seller, but a buyer can see 1 enhancement available at 49 or 50.

Special Origin and Single Origin enhancements have a level cap of 53. Invention Origin enhancements have a level cap of 55.

1 minute ago, Placta said:

For IOs, 50 is the cap.

SOs and the various multi-aspect enhancements that drop from the Sewer Trial, Eden Trial, Hami Raids, and Aeon SF can go to 53 via combining.

(It may be possible to get DOs or TOs to 53 if you really, really wanted. I can't imagine any practical purpose for this.)

Ah good distinction - LISTED enhancements, yes. 

What kind of enhancements are we talking here? SOs are rarely used when dealing with level 50+ enhancements. HOs are far more popular. IOs can go above level 50 with boosters, but level 51 would be an odd one to sell or want since you can go up to level 55.

And since I don't put bids on boosted level 50 IOs, they may remain listed as level 50. I honestly haven't looked. I look for attuned IOs these days so I can slot them asap and let them level as I do.

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

Level 50 IO can be boosted 5 times, basically turns 3 SO worth of effec into 2. SO can only be boosted 3 times. Enhancement Boosters are just the Enhancement Combination screen, and they don't fail.

Edited by Outrider_01

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer