Massive Rubberbanding for the past week

Azurebow

I have been experiencing massive rubberbanding for the past few days, making the game unplayable. I have had no issues before then. It checked on kids computer and there is no rubber banding there. This rules out the servers and my internet connection. I have tried lowering my graphics and there was no improvement.   According to the task manager my Memory, disk and network usage while playing the game are  not unreasonable. 

Any suggestions???

I would run /netgraph. Even though the other PC is working fine, which means the Internet is fine, it doesn't rule out an issue with your PCs connection to the router.

If you are wireless try a wired connection as a test. Running /netgraph is explained below. 

Allows the user to turn on and off a network monitor, or graph. This graph will overlay on top of any other windows, and will always be in the lower right hand corner.

/netgraph by itself will return the current net_graph setting.

/netgraph 0 will hide the netgraph.

/netgraph 1 will display the netgraph

/netgraph #, where # > 1, will display a much taller version of the netgraph.

On the netgraph:

• Green bars represent received packets, with the height of the bar representing server ping time in milliseconds
  • Yellow bars represent retransmitted packets.
  • Red bars represent dropped packets.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

That's either software trying to connect to a site or download something the background, or your firewall trying to prevent access.  My gut says software.  Run a full virus scan, then monitor your running tasks, with attention given to network usage updated at 1s intervals.

• Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I looked around online and found this list for NIC issues:

Each of these settings will increase your CPU usage, so be aware of that going into this. Basically your Network card takes the load right now but we are going to relieve that so it can do it's job better.

In "Device Manager" right-click your Network adapter and choose properties. You can do these in order and test each one first if you would like.

•  

1. First off go the Power Management tab and uncheck "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power".

• 2) Go to the advanced tab. The #1 change that all the other game players say fixed their problems is to DISABLE the "Interrupt Moderation". Basically it processes packets slower to help save on computer performance. Turning it off increasing CPU usage and process the packet traffic way faster which could technically slow down your PC but in this day in age I think most CPUs can handle it.

• 3) DISABLE "Flow Control". Seems counter-intuitive but this is apparently a feature that is already handled by Windows in its Networking Stack. No need for the card to do it.

• 4) DISABLE "Green Ethernet" and "Energy Efficent Ethernet" (WiFi adapaters probably won't have these, and if you don't update your adapter driver you may not see them or they just don't exist on your model) - Ummm...screw the environment we need more power for our games!?

• 5) DISABLE everything that has "offload" in it. Each one of these is basically saying that we will take that work if the CPU doesn't want to.

Other fixes

• Turn off in-game voice chat. Voice takes priority bandwidth on most routers which will hurt your gameplay if your bandwidth cant handle it.

• Switch to Ethernet if you can.

• Try upgrading your Ethernet cable to a Cat6 instead of the most common 5e. This will reduce any kind of interference that may be happening from router to PC or Console.

• Your router could use an upgrade. Most buyers of an ISP use the default modem/router combo that they pay $10/month for. Not only will you save money in the long run by cancelling the rental fee, but you will have a modem/router that has better firmware and better overall speeds. I recently replaced mine and my avg ping from PC to router used to be 5ms, it is now 0ms. Comparing to Rocket League Servers I reduced East servers from 35ping down to 21ping on average and removed my serious lag spikes that I was having for exactly 1 second every minute.

• I have seen reports that overclocking your CPU could be harmful to FPS and to latency. Players did report that removing the OC did increase their performance.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Thank you very much for all your efforts. I have tried making all the changes to the Wireless that you mentioned and it is still not working. I am now using ethernet to play. Ethernet is working great. I am going to get a USB Wi-Fi adaptor to see if that works.  I really appreciate you trying to help it was much more than I expected. 

Thanks again

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

I found out the the final reason was. Apparently every 8-10 seconds the Wi-Fi check to up date all the area Wi-Fi networks in the area. There is a thing in windows that on some computers  this will keep the Wi-Fi from communicating for a few seconds. If you look at my earlier post on this you will see that the signal drops out at a  steady rate. This is when the Wi-Fi is scanning for new networks. 

I am not sure why  this started all of a sudden but my friend tells me it could be dozens of things. 

There a few options on what to do on the net. 

Thanks again for everyone's help