Suggestion for fellow players: More SG bases as public hangouts!

OmegaX123

We've got my Club Valhalla (coming SoonTM, the Talos Keys Lounge (also coming SoonTM according to its creator), and then after that for RP spaces there's pretty much just Pocket D, the near-dead and blueside only Paragon Dance Party, out in public leading to confusion, and your own SG base. We need more clubs, restaurants, shops, parks, and so on for SGs, RP groups, and random strangers who meet on the street and want to have a RP session without interrupting/being interrupted by other people's sessions to hang out. It would also be a good way for the beginner base-builders (like me for example) to learn, and the experienced ones to show off their stuff.

Mystical types are welcome to use Tavaris' Sanctum of Shadows once it's finished. (SANCTUM-2764)

The entry portal is supposed to be in the wooded, northern part of Saint Martial, but the main base itself is... Elsewhere. A dimension that Tav calls the Midnight Sea; a place "beyond the Far Horizons". The location is heavily warded against demonic entities and scrying magics, but it was once a sort of informal retreat and gathering place for many of Tavaris and Sarhadi's Oranbegan associates, so finding mention of it in ancient texts or details about its location wouldn't be at all unreasonable for a Midnighter, an arcane historian or the like. Re-incorporated Oranbegans might even remember visiting the place back in the days before the war. The owners always enjoyed having guests.

Call this thing an old Death Mage's "summer lake-house". XD 

TavBuiltAThing.jpg 

** I'm currently at about 65% completion on this base. The main structures and landscape features are in place, but a lot of the plant life, environmental detailing, furnishings and such still need to be done. I'll update this post when it's "ready for prime time". Until then, consider it a "renovation in progress". It did just spend fifteen thousand years abandoned, after all. Even a place made of magic is going to need some work after that.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Is it available for visiting now, Coyote? I've just started to begin work on Wonderland Manor which is the same concept... A private retreat for a magical family in a pocket dimension. And when I say 'started to begin' I mean 'throw some things down and try to understand how this 'build outside the base boundaries' works. Being able to pop in and look around what others have done would probably help eventually.

Wonderland Manor won't be an open place for people to pop in and out, due to it's nature. But given Alison Wonderland seems to have become my main I expect there will be some visitors outside the SG family.

Sure... Wander in when-ever you like. Just keep in mind that it's only about half done and lacks a lot of the detail work it'll eventually have. XD

Also, it's actually a "traditional" style base, not a raised one. It's just hard to tell that from looking because I do abuse our new room clipping ability pretty profoundly.

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice