Contr/Dom: themed group defense

MHertz

I can’t be the only one who wonders why a  psionic controller can’t offer any psionic defense to her team. Or why illusions can’t more effectively fight other illusions. Or why electric control doesn’t shut down robots.

Is there a way to build some kind of team defense into the Control/Domination sets that plays on these elemental themes?

I mean, there really ought to be Origin-themed power trees too, for stuff like Counterspell and Hack Enemy Software, but one thing at a time.

The original @Hertz, creator of the Stan and Lou audio series on YouTube. Player of City of Heroes for yonks.1

1A yonk is a very long time.

On 12/30/2021 at 8:32 PM, Outrider_01 said:

No comic superhero grants defense against something, Supes doesn't give Batman invulnerability or Flash grant slow defense 

The Green Lantern Corps would like a word. Or the force field lady in Fantastic Four. 

In-game we have Force Field, Cold, Thermal, Sonic, and all the other sets that buff teammates. Plus Leadership pool, etc.

Khelds get buffs based on team composition. The villain VEATS have some sweet team buffs.

I think it'd be a nifty buff to Mind Control to give 'em an inherent power that buffs the team's resistance to mind control effects.

Edited by ninja surprise
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

The Green Lantern Corps would like a word. Or the force field lady in Fantastic Four. 

Green Lantern's power is a swiss army knife of malleable energy, he could turn it into a coffee cup. Not exactly granting a power that someone else can use without being controlled by Lantern.

Invisible Woman, bends light around her and creates force fields.  which are generally buff sets already.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer