Suppress SFX for Stealth Powers

Hobbes

Wasn't that already added? Or am I thinking of something else...

... yeah, just looked on test. Stealth and Infiltration already just make you translucent by default, you can still see everything pretty well...

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Cloak of Darkness from Dark Armor doesn't have the translucency.  It has no FX at all that I can see.  That would be a nice option for all Stealth powers. 

And I mean all the powers that grant Stealth, like the Celerity IO, Energy Cloak from Energy Armor, Steamy Mist, ect, ect.  Not just the power pools. 

It was an option I appreciated a lot on my Dark Armor character, would be nice for it to make it's way to others. 

Edited by Hobbes
Words are hard.
  • Like 1

The IO is not a power, and itself also just makes you translucent - costume still visible, unless you're stacking with something else. The tailor has no clue that it's stealthing you, so that one... *shrug*.

Just looking to see what's doing what and if there's an option on a couple:

Steamy mist barely makes you translucent. 

Energy cloak, yeah, still does a nice, full invis.

Arctic fog: Translucent.

... didn't go through the others, just took a quick look. While I would probably not use the option (makes sense to be invisible while invisible, and I don't really care how I look when in the middle of a fight,) just normalizing the options (NoFX, Translucent, Invisible for those powers giving more invisibility) makes sense, just to standardize what people expect to have happen.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

6 hours ago, Greycat said:

The IO is not a power, and itself also just makes you translucent - costume still visible, unless you're stacking with something else. The tailor has no clue that it's stealthing you, so that one... *shrug*.

Just looking to see what's doing what and if there's an option on a couple:

Steamy mist barely makes you translucent. 

Energy cloak, yeah, still does a nice, full invis.

Arctic fog: Translucent.

... didn't go through the others, just took a quick look. While I would probably not use the option (makes sense to be invisible while invisible, and I don't really care how I look when in the middle of a fight,) just normalizing the options (NoFX, Translucent, Invisible for those powers giving more invisibility) makes sense, just to standardize what people expect to have happen.

Totally could be a Null the Gull sort of option for a character instead of a Power by Power sort of change.  Just suppress the translucent effect on all abilities if selected.  No idea what would be easier to implement. 

Either way, should be a player choice.  Some players probably like it.  They're wrong, but I can't change that  : )     Either a power customization option or Null the Gull (or some other third thing I didn't think about).  

And, personally, I don't care for even what Steamy mist does.  However minor it is.  A lot of this games appeal (for me anyway) is the costume generator, don't hide it!

• 5 months later

Hate to Necro thread, but also hate to repeat thread topics. So here goes...
I have a bunch of Brutes with Infiltration with Celerity slotted. They are semi-transparent, but I can at least see their color details.
I have a bunch of Stalkers with just Hide, they are much more transparent and I cannot make out their color details.
I would love for my Stalkers to be less transparent and would be happy if they were just as transparent as under Infiltration.
If Transparency were selectable via Null the Gull, everyone taking a stealth power could customize their level of transparency.