Looking For Help Fleshing Out My Kin Melee/Rad Armor

HeroesUnlimited

Super Speed and Force of Will can go with a default slot unless there is something specific you are looking for in terms of IO set bonus. Hasten can be two slotted with 2 level 50 +5 recharges. CJ and Maneuvers can be one slotted with a LotG Def/+Recharge, but that also depends on things. Some of your attacks are woefully underslotted, ie Burst. Health and Stamina could use more slots, but again, it depends.

To be honest, if this is what your friend recommended in terms of slots, they should know what to put into said slots, but the number of slots is a mess. There's roughly 7 powers in your primary and secondary I would do the number of slotting differently. I see no epic, so is this even a level 50 build?

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

This isn't so much a build as it is a broad suggestion.

What goals do you have in mind? Damage at all costs, immortality, somewhere between?

There will always be a tradeoff between recharge for ideal rotations, stacking defense, rounding out exotic resists, and maximizing damage.

This is the sort of build I might see from someone who is used to SOs only. Do you have an inf budget in mind? 

Whoever gave you the build frankly didn't do a very good job.  3 slots into burst won't be enough to maximize your damage and recharge while hitting the necessary accuracy threshold.  Same with smashing blow, and it's the best attack in the set.  

Beta decay typically is a one slot wonder, Rad therapy and ground zero you have a couple options.  You can either stick a few slots in just to maximize heal and recharge, or you can load them up with damage procs and turn  them into real AOE nukes.  With kinetic I would definitely recommend the latter.

Everything W_P said about slotting is accurate as well.  I'd honestly look for a fresh build and respec.

• Like 2

I tend to skip the T1 in a melee set for Scrappers. I would grab Repulsing Torrent and put the Sudden Acceleration: KB to KD IO in there. When in doubt, more AoE. :classic_biggrin:

I don't get the need for two travel powers unless there is some concept need for it. It is as easy as ever to find ways to supplement movement now days. Taking SS is rare for me when Athletic Run can be grabbed from the P2W vendor. No, it isn't the same, but I find it is enough for horizontal movement unless I have to stealth something.

Gamma Boost and Stamina need a PS: +%End. Stamina could use a PS: End.

Health is Numina's Convalescence and Miracle procs as a start. A third slot for another proc can be used. 

Radiation Therapy is Theft of Essence: +End as a start and makes Rad very end friendly. I practically don't look at my end bar on my Rad/ice Tank and she's level 29. Flavor damage procs with acc and heal as needed as it still needs to hit and the heal is really low without slotting since you need a lot of targets to get a genuine benefit from it. 

Beta Decay is Achilles Heel: -Res.

Particle Shielding is 5-slot Panacea for me. The proc doesn't trigger enough since it has a longer recharge, so you'll skip out on the sweet 6 slot bonus unless you want to burn the extra slot for it. The proc is far better off in Health.

Ground Zero is a damage set and or procs.

Resist toggles are basically 4 to 5-slotted Unbreakable Guard. You can toss in the Aegis: 5% Psi Resist to help cover that area.

Meltdown is good for the one shot Resist IOs.

See more here.

Outside of all of that, you want to cover the basics of capping Resists and Def as well as you can. Rad is end friendly and has built in +recharge, so aim for making it sturdy.

I just noticed I don't see Tough and Weave pictured and those you want as well. 

Edited by Without_Pause
  • Like 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

2 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Radiation Therapy is Theft of Essence: +End as a start and makes Rad very end friendly. I practically don't look at my end bar on my Rad/ice Tank and she's level 29. Flavor damage procs with acc and heal as needed as it still needs to hit and the heal is really low without slotting since you need a lot of targets to get a genuine benefit from it.  

Rad Therapy has a base 3.0x accuracy multiplier, so you shouldn't need any accuracy at all.  Proc that shit up.

G-zero is a 1.2 acc modifier so it needs a little acc slotting, but less than a normal attack

• Like 1

I think I have seen some acc in it since people were also getting some heal in it. Again, my best experience with it is level 29, and I haven't peaked too much behind the data. My lean is getting some heal in it.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

18 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Super Speed and Force of Will can go with a default slot unless there is something specific you are looking for in terms of IO set bonus. Hasten can be two slotted with 2 level 50 +5 recharges. CJ and Maneuvers can be one slotted with a LotG Def/+Recharge, but that also depends on things. Some of your attacks are woefully underslotted, ie Burst. Health and Stamina could use more slots, but again, it depends.

To be honest, if this is what your friend recommended in terms of slots, they should know what to put into said slots, but the number of slots is a mess. There's roughly 7 powers in your primary and secondary I would do the number of slotting differently. I see no epic, so is this even a level 50 build?

Thanks for the reply W_P! I'm not married to any of these powers. Tbh I'm not even sure how that Force of Will power got in there. Mostly what I'm looking for in this build is for it to be versatile enough to farm if I want to or jump into a TF or other mission with ease. My buddy who helped me with the build (about a year ago) doesn't really play anymore unfortunately so I'm not sure what he was thinking lol. If you don't mind me asking, what would your recommendations be for a respec in terms of powers, slotting, epics etc?

16 hours ago, Onlyasandwich said:

This isn't so much a build as it is a broad suggestion.

What goals do you have in mind? Damage at all costs, immortality, somewhere between?

There will always be a tradeoff between recharge for ideal rotations, stacking defense, rounding out exotic resists, and maximizing damage.

This is the sort of build I might see from someone who is used to SOs only. Do you have an inf budget in mind? 

My goals are somewhere between damage at all costs and immortality for sure but with a bend towards damage over survivability. As for a budget, no not really. I have a ton of unused inf. 

6 hours ago, HeroesUnlimited said:

Mostly what I'm looking for in this build is for it to be versatile enough to farm if I want to or jump into a TF or other mission with ease. If you don't mind me asking, what would your recommendations be for a respec in terms of powers, slotting, epics etc?

For farming, it depends on what you are trying to farm. If a S/L farm, then the build will essentially be the same as you are trying to cap S/L for Res and Def. If Fire farms, you need to cap Fire Res and Def as much as possible which means grabbing as many Winter IOs as needed. It would honestly require a second build.

Epics can go in a number of directions. Blaze for Melt Armor and Fireball. Body for the auto powers which can be left with a single slot if you want more slots elsewhere. FA is there as well. Darkness isn't used that much as Soul is more useful. Weapons is "eh." Leviathan is similar. Soul is Moonbean and Shadow Meld. MU is Zapp and Bal Lightning. Faming wants more AoE. Non-faming can be a number of options, but Soul and Mu seem to be the most popular. 

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

• 3 weeks later

Leaving a comment here because Im also trying to make a Kin/??? Scrapper, and the insights here may probe fruitful if I decide to to /Rad. The only thing I knoq for certain is that Power Syphon should probably get Gaussians: Chance for Build up at LEAST, and maybe the full set, im not sure how that would mess with the Build Up proc chances.

Regardless, best of luck on your build! 

Edited by Redletter

Resident certified baby