Slow GFX not appearing

LKN-351

The majority of the Warshades attack powers have the secondary effect of slowing the target. Yeah anyone that plays them likely knows this. It lists this effect on the power and you can slot the power to enhance the slow effect.

With that being stated, why don't I see the effects of slow any more? Not in the targets movement or as the particle effect of the green rings around the wrists/ankles? I hear Khelds got revamped but I haven't personally dug into it past the inherent travel powers. I kind of doubt it since I see the PBs still get the defence debuff as well as the particle effects that go with them.

Did I miss a patch note that nerfed slow on WS? Is this a known bug? I recently rolled an Ice Dom, did the particle effects disappear from him too? Did I unintentionally suppress this FX somehow? I do see it sometimes IIRC but it's when I'm on a team and I'm not sure it's from my WS.

Edited by LKN-351

2 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

CoD is still showing -SPD on the attacks and I appear to be slowing folks with shadow bolt and blast but, yea, I'm not seeing any kind of vfx for slows either.

I recall back on live I could see that they where running in slower-mo but I couldn't see that at all while I was playing my WS most of the time.

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Impeded Swiftness' damage proc still works on my end. If that functionality is lost I shall raise a pitchfork and torch.

Weird that vfx are acting up though.

The VFX is still in the game cause I saw it last night while I was doing 22:07 on my brute. I know for sure I don't have suppress close VFX turned on with my WS cause I already checked that idea and I play at near ultra settings so it's not disabled through particle counts being too low.

I'm going to investigate further on my Ice dom like I mentioned and I may mess with some GFX settings and run a couple missions with my WS.

Any suggested settings to try messing with or an info channel or ingame power monitors that will tell me if the target is under the effect of slow?

It is slowing the recharge and the travel speeds, but it's not showing the particle effects. I couldn't find anyone willing to follow me around and look to make sure they didn't see it but I did use the power analyser and it shows that they are being slowed.

I also double checked my settings before I tried the PA and 'suppress when close' was enabled so I disabled it. No change, still can't see the green rings. I also tested this out on my Ice Dom but I didn't have the PA but the particle effects still didn't show up. I do wonder if I should move this post to the bugs sections since it's not just with the WS like I had thought.

lol normal people may not care about this but personally I always thought the green rings where a cool looking effect.

screenshot_220106-18-19-27.thumb.jpg.fb9b030f84cdc5d74ca3904d4ba4cd50.jpg

• LKN-351 changed the title to Slow GFX not appearing

I'm gunna try to get on a team once again with one of my two characters that cause slow effects and hopefully this time I'll find a team that knows what the effect actually looks like to see if they see it or not. I got in a duo the other day with my Ice Dom but he didn't know what the GFX looked like so I'd say the results are somewhat inconclusive.

I think it'd be tough to get screenshots while in the middle of a fight though. I've got to figure out how to change the settings ingame to show the UI in the shots. I know tehres a settings I just have to remember where it is.

I want those 'cool' looking slow effects back!

Edited by LKN-351

43 minutes ago, LKN-351 said:

I've got to figure out how to change the settings ingame to show the UI in the shots. I know tehres a settings I just have to remember where it is.

Keymapping, scroll down to Other. Set Toggle Screenshot UI to something.

Watching my WS blast an Equinox Parasite with Shadow Bolt with my PB and the green ankle/wrist slow FX are not showing up.

Thanks Bill, I went to the wiki as soon as I finished posting that and bound that toggle.

I just ran my Ice Dom for a good two hours or so and I saw the GFX show up but I don't think it was from me and when I did think it was from me it definitely wasn't consistent. That does confirm that I CAN see it, so it's not a setting. I got some screenshots, but with the way the team was steamrolling I couldn't take the time to hit the power analyzer while I took the screenshot lol

I've been watching for the GFX to show up on my WS for a few months now, and I can 100% say I very very rarely see the GFX.

Something is going on with this lol

I checked it on my warshade nothing. then i swapped to a tank ran a tinpex and noticed the green slow rings on some war walkers. no warshades on the team. it seemed intermittent, but a couple of others on the team claimed to see them as well. Is there anything else in the game that recycles that vfx? or did somehow a patch moved it to something else by accident?

I ran mission teams on my Ice Dom all night and after the post from earlier I didn't see it again at all. We where doing Night Ward missions at one point vs the weird obs/swords/gates group and we where very clearly being slowed by them but I didn't see the GFX on myself there.

Kinetics causes slow, we did have one on the team before my last post that might account for the sighting earlier. The other day I was playing as my Brute vs Tsoo in Dark Astoria and I was under the effects of slow and I could see the GFX.

So it seems like it must still work with Kinetics but not WS powers or ice.