Will Regen ever be reworked?

Solarverse

1 hour ago, Brutal Justice said:

Honest question.  Do you have to use all your powers on your willpower scrapper, other than your tier 9, to do the same?

My WP is a stalker - supposedly even squishier -- but let's go down the list.
Hide -- yeah, always on, but after the first strike it's not on much.

High Pain Tolerance -- always on. Keeps her around 2000 hp with the Vigor T4 Alpha plus accolades (both toons have all hp/end accolades)

Reconstruction -- click power, I'd say it's used less often but still, flag it as "used, yes"

Mind over Body -- toggle, on, yes

Indomitable Will -- toggle, on, yes

Heightened Senses -- toggle, on, yes

Fast Healing -- always on but I don't notice it and it's not slotted for much the way Milk's is 2-or-3 slotted. I think I threw a Preventive Medicine or Panacea into it.

Resurgence -- both toons have it but I don't want to use it.

Strength of Will -- as mentioned, infrequently used.

However, the regen burns through insps and Barrier incarnate powers sometimes just to save his butt. Not so with the WP stalker.

Edited by Milk Sheik

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

1 hour ago, Naraka said:

Personally speaking, I utilize my regen powers on a priority basis, higher priority used first:

1. Reconstruction

2. Dull Pain, Instant Healing

3. Moment of Glory

On top of that, I have preventative use of these same powers just like any other set that goes in reverse priority.  Lastly, the name of the game when I play Regen (and a lot of times, any powerset combo) is "What can I do to protect the use of my priority powers?". Inspirations are an obvious and all-encompassing option but mixing things up with CC, strategy pulls, target prioritization, etc is what makes the game fun and not just repeating button mashes on the same enemies in the same maps until I get tired of playing the game (again).

While I <think> similarly, Dull Pain's HP Boost seems to throw that a bit out, since it should have 100% uptime and can effectively double or more your time to die. If it weren't permable, I can see. But being able to keep it up 100% (assuming youre not HP capped without it), youre markedly "squishier" than the HPS it gives if you exclude the HP Boost (mine gives 14.73 HPS vs reconstruction 55 HPS).

Obviously in practice it'll be up, but one might think it should be first in the priority list as its effects cascade, no? In other mmos, things like Last Stand give you a short term HP boost  with a long cooldown so that makes sense to hold in the priority (like Moment of Glory and instant healing), but being perma seems to make sense to make it 1 instead of 2? If youre capped already, I agree with your priority.

I dont really play my Regen so I don't know, I just kitted it out , but just looking at the math behind it. 

Edited by kiramon

6 minutes ago, kiramon said:

While I <think> similarly, Dull Pain's HP Boost seems to throw that a bit out, since it should have 100% uptime and can effectively double or more your time to die. If it weren't permable, I can see. But being able to keep it up 100% (assuming youre not HP capped without it), youre markedly "squishier" than the HPS it gives if you exclude the HP Boost (mine gives 14.73 HPS vs reconstruction 55 HPS).

Obviously in practice it'll be up, but one might think it should be first in the priority list as its effects cascade, no? In other mmos, things like Last Stand give you a short term HP boost  with a long cooldown so that makes sense to hold in the priority (like Moment of Glory and instant healing), but being perma seems to make sense to make it 1 instead of 2? If youre capped already, I agree with your priority.

I dont really play my Regen so I don't know, I just kitted it out , but just looking at the math behind it. 

Well there you go, I don't usually have a lot of +rech or Hasten in my builds, so for me, Dull Pain isn't perma (maybe close to perma though if I get lucky chaining the 1-2 attacks that get the +rech KB proc in them).  I also tend to only play in the 20-40 level ranges the majority of the time.

In my case, I tend to use DP for both a heal and a "If I need to heal, I'll heal with gusto" and might use DP before Reconstruction then use Reconstruction from then on.  If I feel DP isn't going to cut it by itself, I'll use it + Instant Healing and ride that, relying on Reconstruction to keep me from not dying.

I find, most of the time, I don't just use MoG by itself.  I'll use MoG knowing I'll need to use DP+IH soon after it wears off then Reconstruction to patch things over.  It's kind of complicated to outline since I gave the layman's version of my approach and rational but I always feel engaged and scheming on what's going to happen next.  I kind of feel similar playing Bio as a stance dancer, swapping stances for specific effects on my clicks but some of the effects there feel over-balanced and almost like they were made to not care which stance you're in and just click them. I do it anyway but that's because I just like active sets.

1 minute ago, Naraka said:

Well there you go, I don't usually have a lot of +rech or Hasten in my builds, so for me, Dull Pain isn't perma (maybe close to perma though if I get lucky chaining the 1-2 attacks that get the +rech KB proc in them).  I also tend to only play in the 20-40 level ranges the majority of the time.

In my case, I tend to use DP for both a heal and a "If I need to heal, I'll heal with gusto" and might use DP before Reconstruction then use Reconstruction from then on.  If I feel DP isn't going to cut it by itself, I'll use it + Instant Healing and ride that, relying on Reconstruction to keep me from not dying.

I find, most of the time, I don't just use MoG by itself.  I'll use MoG knowing I'll need to use DP+IH soon after it wears off then Reconstruction to patch things over.  It's kind of complicated to outline since I gave the layman's version of my approach and rational but I always feel engaged and scheming on what's going to happen next.  I kind of feel similar playing Bio as a stance dancer, swapping stances for specific effects on my clicks but some of the effects there feel over-balanced and almost like they were made to not care which stance you're in and just click them. I do it anyway but that's because I just like active sets.

I'm following what you're saying. In a non perma build, i agree with you. 

4 minutes ago, kiramon said:

I use Hasten to keep Dull Pain on frequently -- if not always up, then always ready. If I'm heading into a tough fight, I want it on to begin with since there are bosses that can cut me down super fast (a crit from a purple Victoria or a Hewer Elite for example, some EBs, or AVs when we don't have a tank and I'm the next best thing). If I think I can handle it (e.g. the team buffer threw something on me or I'm heading into a mob), I keep it around for its huge heal, somewhere around 1200 hp for me whereas the extra granted hit points (despite the big green numbers you see) are only 550 or so.

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!