Character Selection Screen

UltraAlt

I'm assuming that the character selection screen can only pull limited information from the servers and that the rest of the information is sent as the character is logging-in.

It would be cool if there as an indicator on the character selection screen indicated if a character needed to level up.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

32 minutes ago, Rudra said:

I honestly don't see a reason to. It is apparent when the character logs in. And leveling up prior to log off would prevent it anyway.

Going to pocket D to turn off group fly prior to trying to do a Hami/MSR would prevent you getting buffed from the zone anyway. 

🧐😏

OP: I wish all kinds of stuff could be on the selection screen, but this isn't one. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

9 minutes ago, Aurora_Girl said:

Going to pocket D to turn off group fly prior to trying to do a Hami/MSR would prevent you getting buffed from the zone anyway. 

🧐😏

OP: I wish all kinds of stuff could be on the selection screen, but this isn't one. 

I already conceded that argument. And that does not give an indication when you are logged in anyway, so you are comparing apples to oranges. There is a difference between not seeing something on character select and having it in your face while playing as opposed to having no indications until a set power affects you.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add last line.

1 hour ago, Rudra said:

I honestly don't see a reason to. It is apparent when the character logs in. And leveling up prior to log off would prevent it anyway.

I understand why someone people won't find it useful.

I would be useful the the players - needless to say - like myself, that either alt jump a lot (to which up to join a team doing a task force or missions with another character on the spur of the moment) and/or forget or don't have time to level before logging out.

Would it be useful to everyone all the time? No.

Would it be useful to some of us some of the time? Yes.

The same can be said about many aspects and options of the game.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

To be fair, I understood that from the original post. Here is the "problem" though. All you are asking for is an indicator on character select that your character is ready to level up. As someone who also tends to jump around alts, that information in and of itself is pretty useless unless your character was only 1 level shy of the required level. Especially for joining a TF/SF. Now, if you asked for a level up indicator on the character select screen that also gave your current combat level, not character level since it already gives that, then the information would be useful for checking for TFs/SFs. You would know if you were able to level up to the required level to join. That is why I don't see a reason to. You just want to know if your character is ready to level up from the character select screen? Nice but useless information. How many levels so you know if you can join something? That is far more useful.

(And yes, I often don't level up when I can because I don't need to at that level and so several of my characters are ready to go up a few levels. My 2 level ups grant me 2 enhancement slots I can't afford to fill and Boxing? Wait another 2 levels for when I get the next active power I'll use to actually level up. ... 4 times.... It's weird. I'm weird. I know. That is why I think you're aiming too low on your request.)

Edited by Rudra
Edited to add second paragraph.

22 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Here is the "problem" though.

There is no "problem".

I'm asking for something that would help me and it could help others as well.

You have already indicated that you don't want it.

That's fine. YOU don't want it. Let other people post if THEY don't want it.

Please actually read my post. I said you're aiming too low. Not that I don't want it. Add the level up indicator on the character select screen, but also add the current combat level so you know what you can currently level to. A level up indicator by itself tells me nothing useful. A level up indicator that tells me how much this character is ready to level up is far more useful to me, and I would think to you as well.

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct word choice "too" to "to", and add a comma.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rudra said:

A level up indicator that tells me how much this character is ready to level up is far more useful to me, and I would think to you as well.

If that is good for you great.

I only need the arrow there pointing up to let me know that a character needs to level up so that I can flip through the character selection screen and log into a character that still needs to be leveled up from the last time that I played them.

Level up once, level up twice, four times? Makes no difference. I just would like to be able to tell from the character selection screen if I forgot to level up a character before parking them.