Increase CoT "Thorn Caster" level caps

Lazarillo

After the expansions given to Crey, I got to thinking, even more than that group, it's weird how the CoT only have one "element" per level range.  You've got the Fire Thorn Casters from 30-34, Earth from 35-39, Air from 40-44, and Ice only from 45-50.  It's cool to see them woven in kind of one at a time, but it'd be neat if once they were in the lineup, they stayed as part of it, with CoT by max level having a variety of different mages involved.  And as noted, this feels more organic than reversing Crey's previous "they get more high tech as they go up in level" thing, so it works even better from the story side of things, IMO.  Plus, if you look at the CoT "Possessed Scientist" enemies that appear on Peregrine around Portal Corp, they can also use the powers of all types of Thorn Casters, so it seems like it'd just be a matter of "proliferating" the enemies to use more traditional CoT garb, too.

• Like 1

I’ll /sign this idea. In general a lot of enemy groups suffer from a lack of diversity as they progress in levels, and I don’t mean the The Family needs to start hiring minorities and women (I mean, maybe they could and should but that’s not what I’m talking about). The CoT feels rather egregious being masters of ancient magical arts. Relatedly I would like to add to this by suggesting Madness Mages, Agony mages, Ruin mages, Hellfrosts (actually I think those did get added), and succubi* should be added to the level 50 boss roster as well.

*okay, maybe succubi could be reduced to Lt. seeing as they only have four abilities, two of which are controls (a hold and a placate, the latter being why I’d like to see them at end game levels for added challenge).

• Like 1