Elec/Therm - am I wasting my time?

Panache

So I’m pretty concept-driven and I found a name that worked for a gremlin-type character. I’ve always wanted to try Elec/Therm as an alt sapper type. But good lord. I’m level 29 and I knew the damage would be bad, but yikes. 

I’m hoping that Forge-boosted Gremlins are going to add a decent amount of damage (against drained and Melt Armor suffering mobs), but is their base so low that Forge doesn’t help that much?

Edited by Panache

There are ways to make this combo okay, but you're right it's likely always going to be a low damage performer. Gremlins aren't very strong damage dealers and will take a long time to kill things. You can try to proc out your attacks to make it a bit better, but Therm is more of a support set. 

If you're open to reimagining the character and damage is important, Elec/Fire Dominator would be the same theme but good at damage. You'd lose the ability to play support, however.

If you want to stay with Therm you could also do a Elec Blast/Therm Defender. Electric Blast was recently revamped. 

Yes there is hope. Put as many damage procs as possible in Jolting Chain and pick up a decent epic pool and you’ll be fine. My Electric/Poison/Psy is a lot of fun.

My Thermal/Electric/Psy defender is pretty dope since the electric changes too.

Edited by arcane

On 2/1/2022 at 12:50 PM, 5099y_74c05 said:

I've not tried /Primal with Elec/ not sure PB buffs -End and -Recovery effects.

Power Boost affects -Endurance but not -Recovery. 

Personally I think the route for a sap-troller style character, if you want to really quadruple down on that role, is to go Dominator, for the combo Electric Control > any Assault set with Power Boost (I personally think Dark Assault works best for its other characteristics) > Power Sink. I've heard there are recent changes to how sapping works on Elite Bosses though so I am not sure how viable that role is anymore. It was a unique capability of Electric Control characters for a period of time, being able to floor EBs and keep them there. 

• Thumbs Up 1