Tarnished Star/Mistah-Static

Ukase

So, here I am, playing through content with my new(ish) savage/shield brute, and I am going through Freakalympics arc, by contact Collin Larson. 
The next mission in queue is "Bust Mistah-Static and his crew". 

What I don't know is if I can save this mission for alts, other folks to use, where they can go in, clobber Mistah-static but leave his crew "not busted", (so the mission won't complete) and find him in the cell for the Tarnished Star badge requirement. 

Before I test it with an alt, figured I'd check in to see if anyone has done this and can confirm/deny if it will work. 

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

So, here I am, playing through content with my new(ish) savage/shield brute, and I am going through Freakalympics arc, by contact Collin Larson. 
The next mission in queue is "Bust Mistah-Static and his crew". 

What I don't know is if I can save this mission for alts, other folks to use, where they can go in, clobber Mistah-static but leave his crew "not busted", (so the mission won't complete) and find him in the cell for the Tarnished Star badge requirement. 

Before I test it with an alt, figured I'd check in to see if anyone has done this and can confirm/deny if it will work. 

Last time I checked the badge requirements were tied to the story arc souvenirs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Ah! You're right! That's an easy test. Check the souvenirs list, go in, kill mistah-static, then recheck the souvenir list! 
Thanks!

Sadly - killing only Mistah-Static gives no souvenirs. So, I would expect it to not work. 

Edited by Ukase

26 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Ah! You're right! That's an easy test. Check the souvenirs list, go in, kill mistah-static, then recheck the souvenir list! 
Thanks!

Sadly - killing only Mistah-Static gives no souvenirs. So, I would expect it to not work. 

Dang, it must be the FreakOlympics Medal souvenir then - hopefully you tested this copying character on to beta (because that is a loooooong ass story arc!)

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I basically just went in and killed Mistah-Static. Got zero souvenirs. The mission would complete if I cleared the mobs around him, so I left them alone. 

As it turns out - my desire to save time by saving this mission just shows how fuzzy my thinking is. I have 6 characters that have Tarnished Star already. I can just have any of them run the arc for Tarnished Star. I don't know why my brain didn't go there in the first place, but it didn't. 

So, I went ahead and completed it - with an alt that hadn't done Freaklympics. I am unclear about how these Souvenirs work. The mission was completed, my alt was on the map, remained on team until the team lead called it in after it was over, and my alt still doesn't have the souvenir. Apparently it's a mission holder only type deal. Not a big deal, but I had thought this would have worked. 

Edited by Ukase

21 hours ago, Ukase said:

I basically just went in and killed Mistah-Static. Got zero souvenirs. The mission would complete if I cleared the mobs around him, so I left them alone. 

As it turns out - my desire to save time by saving this mission just shows how fuzzy my thinking is. I have 6 characters that have Tarnished Star already. I can just have any of them run the arc for Tarnished Star. I don't know why my brain didn't go there in the first place, but it didn't. 

So, I went ahead and completed it - with an alt that hadn't done Freaklympics. I am unclear about how these Souvenirs work. The mission was completed, my alt was on the map, remained on team until the team lead called it in after it was over, and my alt still doesn't have the souvenir. Apparently it's a mission holder only type deal. Not a big deal, but I had thought this would have worked. 

In my experience souvenirs for non-TF/Incarnate content only award to the mission holder. Not saying this is the rule, but I solo a lot and that is my experience.

Pocket D Zone Tour