Good farm maps for a Claws/Bio Scrapper

leeowensoas

Hey all! Just dinged 50 and purpled out my Claws/Bio and it is amaaaazing, Follow Up->Shockwave->Spin plus a damage aura is an absolute AoE blender. I mean taking on +4/*8 with NO incarnates levels of dope, given that it’s my first time building a bio, let’s just say I’m suitably impressed.

I don’t have any dedicated farming toons, and I went broke finishing my guy’s build and need to make some money and get un-broke (and reimburse my other toon i mothballed to get this build complete). Of all my 50s (all /Shield or /SR scrappers or brutes), this guy seems like he has likely the best AoE damage. With no incarnates he can churn through the first mission of market crash no problem at +4/x8, which is a nice map for a more or less endless stretch of mobs to be dragged into the blender, they’re nice and close together and none are hidden in corners. He also slays Unai Kemen council earth maps at +4/8 no problem. He has at-or-near cap S/L Res, Shadow Meld caps all his defenses and only has a 10s downtime when necessary.

However, as a new farmer, I have no idea what the best way to crank out money with this dude is. Just churning the first mission of the market crash TF and not finishing it doesn’t seem like it would be the most efficient (no merits, and fighting freakshow). My main source of money thus far is trying to churn each new 50 through every arc on Ouro for merits, though usually that’s not a great source for drops or anything, as I often speedrun them at 0/1. I’ve never tried architect farms, idk how they compare as a moneymaker or how this toon would fare on such things. I know how to make money converting yellow recipes, and always do that to generate some cash

TL:DR my 50 Claws/Bio Scrapper does awesome AoE basically endlessly and can survive at +4/x8, what’s the best way to use this skill to make some damn money?

P.S. anybody willing to show me how to do a key bind or macro to convert inspirations to damages. Again, first time trying out farming, but it seems like that would really be a huge jump in my effectiveness 

Edited by leeowensoas

There are key binds and marco guides in the Guide section. Look for any farming guide there. You want S/L farms in AE. I don't know them as I do Fire farms and I use a Rad/fire for that and only really to PL my own guys. Ideally though, you want a farm with a number of missions so you don't waste time resetting things. In terms of actual coin generation, the market is far better in terms of coin over time.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

12 hours ago, leeowensoas said:

Most of the guides I see still talk abt level 49 exemp farming which I know isn’t a thing anymore. I was trying to find something more current/up to date

The current/up to date take on this is that it isn't really worth it.  The main benefit of farming now is either to power level, or to do it afk while doing something else.  

Pretty much everything else in those guides is still going to be valid if you really want to do it.  But it's just much less effective than putting the same effort into the Market instead.

There is an advantage to having a build which can deal with x8 mobs for drops, but A LOT of builds can do that, see any Brute with a damage aura. Hell, my Fort solos +3/x8.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

@leeowensoas

Found this one a while back and saved it.

You need 4 power slots free to make the macros since there's a limit on how long of a macro text you can make; this converts small/med/larges and has a macro to just use reds. The macro name can be changed to whatever you want.

Look up S/L maps on AE; I think I have one if you look up @makobo

Small insp: /macro red "inspcombine Sturdy Enrage$$inspcombine Insight Enrage$$inspcombine Respite Enrage$$inspcombine Catch_A_Breath Enrage$$inspcombine Break_Free Enrage$$inspcombine Luck Enrage"

Medium insp: /macro Red "Inspcombine Keen_Insight Focused_Rage$$inspcombine Dramatic_Improvement Focused_Rage$$inspcombine Take_A_Breather Focused_Rage$$inspcombine Good_Luck Focused_Rage$$inspcombine Emerge Focused_rage$$inspcombine Rugged Focused_Rage"

Large insp: /macro RED "inspcombine Uncanny_Insight Righteous_Rage$$inspcombine Resurgence Righteous_Rage$$inspcombine Second_Wind Righteous_Rage$$inspcombine Phenomenal_Luck Righteous_Rage$$inspcombine Robust Righteous_Rage"

Delete wakies: /macro del "inspdelete Awaken$$inspdelete Bounce_Back$$inspdelete"

Use reds+: /macro use "inspexec_Name enrage$$Inspexec_name Focused Rage$$Inspexec_Name Righteous rage$$Inspexec_name Tactical$$inspexec_name Keen$$inspexec_name Rage Imbuement$$inspexec_name Precise$$inspexec_name Tactical imbuement"