Need help fleshing out backstory

diefree

So I want to make a beam rifle/time blaster. My two ideas is either alien armor that binds to him maybe from a crey scientist or a magic weapon that takes the form of the most fitting weapon for the user or the most advanced weapon of the time.

Trying to figure out details and which makes more sense. The alien armor I'm think crey studying and somehow binds to character ala blue beetle.

Some helpful things for you to consider:

• Clarkes Laws: Any sufficiently advanced form of technology is indistinguishable from magic (and vice versa.) You could easily have that highly advanced magic show up as a beam gun and armour because that's the most efficient current form for it. Same the other way up. See also the Technomages from Babylon 5
  • If it is a binding symbiote of some sort, it is, again, possible for it to be magic or tech, but you can have all sorts of fun and games with items that already have a personality (think Jarvis in the Iron man armour for a base example, but you can go much much further, all the way out to the Venom symbiote.
  • Crey would not be the only people interested in such an item. The council would love to get their hands on magi/tech like that. the CoT like power so a more magically inclined item would pique their interest no end.

In fact, here's one possibility for free. Your character has a link, willing or unwilling, either as host/symbiote/ally with a spirit of History (magic). The spirit grants them power over time, to slow it down and speed it up,  and in need clothes your character in modern tech armour and the beam technology of the next ten years, so they can defend history from nasty powers who would change the past.

Just a few suggestions

First, Crey isn’t the only organization out there.  Portal Corp deals with weird stuff too.  A time lost device might better fit them. 

Secondly, don’t get locked into the name of your power set.  The Time Secondary is mostly debuffs with a few buffs.  It could just as easily be explained as nanobots or a biological swarm attack.  Change the colors of the sfx and it could be anything. 

If you do not face plant at least once a day; Go reset your Notoriety.

The Menders would also be a good Time Travel organization and also combined with Alien tech...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Ok so I think I'm going with a legacy idea. The armor has existed through history. The last owner was getting older and wanted to find replacement. So he noticed someone running into a battle helping people. Had him checked out then decided to make him the next weilder.

Have a friend with the same beam/time power sets he plays as a different timeline version of lord nemesis with a real civvie name that is an anagram of Lord nemesis.

Ah yes.  Lord Nemesis.  Kills one timeline, spawns a copy of himself into a new one to see what he can break without ruining the whole petri dish.

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Roaming Everlasting as the Peacebringer Ganymedean.