Armored TA/

Linea

Opinions, Ideas, Debates are always welcome.

I realized it's been a while since TA was revamped and I've still not really given it a good reworking ...

• These are based on my standard Beta Armored Template.  They are heavily biased to armor.
  • Absolutely no warranty.  I haven't built nor played any of these yet.  I generally rebuild as I go, these are only first pass builds.
  • I have no idea if any of these will even work at all. 
  • I'm mostly debating /Water or /Electric.  /Water for the heal and utility.  However I'm very concerned with recovery, which was why I was also strongly considering the new revamped /Elec.  TA/Elec would also kill two birds with one stone, in that I've not tried the revamped /Elec yet either.
  • Vengeance or Glue Arrow is another debate.
  • Power order is yet another debate.
  • Rune earlier for early status protection pre-emp is also a debate, but I'm pretty sure I won't.  I'm fairly happy with the current power ordering overall, just not entirely.

TA Water Defender - Beta 1a - [i27].mxd TA Elec Defender - Beta 1a - [i27].mxd TA DP Defender - Beta 1a - [i27].mxd

Edited by Linea

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

I'm having a blast with my TA/DP.  I went DP for that -dmg which really adds up and pairs well with TA's -dmg.  For the harder stuff I go Chemical ammo and the more relaxed stuff I switch to Fire ammo, I love the versatility of being able to do this.  That -dmg though is like giving everyone some beefy resist shields. 

I went with a high armored build too.  I went with Power Mastery for how great Power Build Up is and what it lets me do with Unleash Potential and Vengeance.  I was able to skip the fighting pool and just go with the epic shield and I take Force of Nature just in case I need it, the crash isn't too terrible.  

As for the arrows everything from Ice Arrow down is a must and I go with Flash and Glue Arrow to start. 

Unless you PVP, you don't need accuracy in Flash Arrow. It's autohit in PVE. Best to slot with a tohit debuff set. I recommend maxing the -tohit since half of it is unresistable, making it quite effective on AVs. I find that FA can replace (or double) a sizeable chunk of your defense, since fully slotted it provides close to 30% -tohit with a 25-foot radius. It also doesn't aggro, so it's easy to apply as an opener.

Oil Slick Arrow is also autohit, so if you don't need the set bonuses, you can drop the accuracy and add a few procs.

If you want to pick up some slots, both Poison Gas Arrow and Disruption Arrow work fine with a single recharge IO.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller