Access to Powers At All Levels After Acquisition Pt. II

Mark

A GM who publicly demonstrated their lack of awareness of damage formulas and how mission objectives directly determine the playstyle of the team closed my last topic because they would rather exercise power than engage in factual debate. Hopefully this will have a different outcome. I'm also hoping that the usual suspects will take a second to think critically instead of voting no then asking how it works right after.

If AE missions are the most brain-dead and most popular way to level up and slotting P2W powers and a medium inspiration is the equivalent to just having access to your own, why not allow players to keep their powers? Please keep in mind that damage is capped at lower levels. The Lv32 big damage/aoe whatever you're thinking of will do the same amount of damage as a P2W power in places like DFB and Posi+. Incarnates are not included.

Common ignorance:

"That's too powerful!" - People are already spamming Team Inspirations to reach the damage cap (you don't need many at that level) and equipping P2W powers to blaze through lower level content. Your irrational fear of Level 1s having Fulcrum Shift is already happening by popping 2 medium inspirations.

"Well there's more to damage, please consider CC abilities" - A Storm Controller using Gale slotted with knockdown and recharge can permanently lockdown and knockdown whole groups of mobs from the start of DFB. A Kinetic using Repel slotted with knockdown and reduced cost can permanently lockdown and knockdown whole groups of mobs in DFB. An Electric Controller using Jolting Chain slotted with recharge can permanently lockdown and knockdown whole groups of mobs in DFB.

Edited by Mark
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

First, you are going about this the wrong way. Plenty of people in the other thread said they disagreed with you. There comes a time when you just accept that and move on. You had an idea, it didn't pan out, no big deal.

Second, (and I believe this has already been stated) content at lower levels was designed around the powers you would have available. Having access to all powers at every level may trivialize the lower level content even more than some of it already is. 

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

3 minutes ago, th0ughtGun said:

First, you are going about this the wrong way. Plenty of people in the other thread said they disagreed with you. There comes a time when you just accept that and move on. You had an idea, it didn't pan out, no big deal.

Second, (and I believe this has already been stated) content at lower levels was designed around the powers you would have available. Having access to all powers at every level may trivialize the lower level content even more than some of it already is. 

No one was able to backup their opposition with facts, thanks for being another example of that.  You aren't taking into account how the damage will be the exact same as P2W powers and a medium inspiration. The trivializing you're referring to is already happening through the use of inspirations and P2W powers.

Edited by Mark
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Again, not taking into account how the damage will be the exact same as P2W powers and a medium inspiration. The trivializing you're referring to is already happening through the use of inspirations and P2W powers.

Which means you are saying "lets make this already easy content even easier!". Hard pass. I am for making stuff harder, not easier, in this already too easy game. 

• Like 1

Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

1 minute ago, th0ughtGun said:

Which means you are saying "lets make this already easy content even easier!". Hard pass. I am for making stuff harder, not easier, in this already too easy game. 

How do you feel about it already happening through the use of P2W powers and inspirations? The output is the same, but the actions are P2W animations. It's the same as just having your powers available.

Edited by Mark
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Mark said:

How do you feel about it already happening through the use of P2W powers and inspirations? The output is the same, but the actions are P2W animations. It's the same as just having your powers available.

Inspirations are abused from lvl 1-50 and I already believe they are a problem because they trivialize pretty much all content. Their drop rate is too high and they can be emailed to yourself for extra storage. Hence why I like that some the new harder difficulty settings for Aeon SF disable their use. I am looking forward to this expanding to more content. 

As far as P2W powers: If your argument is that their use already trivializes content at lower levels, then why would we want to further trivialize it?

How often do you see P2W powers used at higher levels?

4 minutes ago, th0ughtGun said:

Inspirations are abused from lvl 1-50 and I already believe they are a problem because they trivialize pretty much all content. Their drop rate is too high and they can be emailed to yourself for extra storage. Hence why I like that some the new harder difficulty settings for Aeon SF disable their use. I am looking forward to this expanding to more content. 

As far as P2W powers: If your argument is that their use already trivializes content at lower levels, then why would we want to further trivialize it?

How often do you see P2W powers used at higher levels?

Equal is not more. Allowing access to powers will not further trivialize it. It will be the same. One more time, it will be the same. Animations are the only thing that will change.

Edited by Mark
  • Haha 1