Fire and Ice pulsing costume pieces

Does anyone know how to stop the pulsing effect on the entire Fire and Ice costume pieces? I adjusted my graphic settings and before only the "cracks" of the pieces would glow. Now the entire piece pulses with that secondary color and I cannot figure out which setting I changed to fix that.

I believe  you can  set close FX to off in options.
You can also turn off visual effects on your own character for any power pool.

/bind KEY "SuppressCloseFX 1$$SuppressCloseFXdist 300" This will turn off your auras and armors visual effects for you, in your view only, unless you scroll 300 feet out. Others will still see them. change the number as you desire to make the effect re-appear. 50-100 is a good middle ground.

/bind KEY "SuppressCloseFX 0" will turn all the visual fireworks back on. Pick two keys you like.

Edited by Vulpoid
Clarity
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, BastionWalls said:

Before the cracks in the Fire and Ice pieces would pulse with the bright orange secondary color but now the whole piece does.

As a test, switch the primary and secondary colours.
That may produce the effect you remember.

Also, if you typed everything in correctly... you should no longer see any pulsing.
Type or cut/paste exactly these two strings into the chat window and hit enter after each:
/SuppressCloseFX 1
/SuppressCloseFXdist 300

If you have a mousewheel, scroll in and out to see what I mean... Pulsing should stop when you scroll 50 feet away from your character.
Good Luck!

• Thanks 1

@srmalloy, I turned off Advanced Graphic Settings and then turned them back on and that seemed to correct the problem. My new question is how are these pieces "supposed" to act? Is the whole piece pulsing "working as intended" and I have stumbled across some workaround  or should it only be the cracks?