Thorny Assault - Thorn Barrage

DreadShinobi

Dominator's Thorn Barrage is missing IO sets! The power debuffs defense by 24.11% for 12 seconds and does not accept Defense Debuff IOs or Accurate Defense Debuff IOs. This has been a long outstanding error and overdue for a fix. Thorn Barrage is an excellent tier 9 severely held back by not accepting the correct IO sets. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently on fire.

Well considering that the rest of the powerset with the exception of thorntrops and build up take defense Debuff and accurate defense Debuff enhancements this does seem like an oversight on the live devs.

That said it's been like that since circa i6 as an unenhanceable defense Debuff if memory serves correct so maybe so this post I think would fit better in suggestions than bug reports. All the other powers in the set that do -defense are enhanceable.

Otherwise I'm all for allowing it to take the enhancements.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Well considering that the rest of the powerset with the exception of thorntrops and build up take defense Debuff and accurate defense Debuff enhancements this does seem like an oversight on the live devs.

That said it's been like that since circa i6 as an unenhanceable defense Debuff if memory serves correct so maybe so this post I think would fit better in suggestions than bug reports. All the other powers in the set that do -defense are enhanceable.

Otherwise I'm all for allowing it to take the enhancements.

I believe the precedent set by the rest of the set, sans thorntrops, taking defense debuff and accurate defense debuff IO sets is reason enough to call this a bug/oversight because afaik it is a fix for something not working as intended, not a suggestion for a buff/nerf/change.

Currently on fire.

9 hours ago, TheZag said:

Do any of the enhanceable powers have 24% debuff? (I dont play the set,  i honestly dont know).  It could have been intentional to be flagged unenhanceable if it was considered too strong.

Thorny Darts - 16%

Skewer - 28.5%

Fling Thorns - 16%

Impale - 24%

Thorn Burst - 30%

Ripper - 42.85%

Thorn Barrage - 24%

It is hardly out of line. It is an oversight and should be fixed.

edit: also I am pretty sure that the defense debuff can be enhanced anyways using Lysosome or Enzyme Hamidon enhancements, it just needs to have the proper IO sets available to it.

Edited by DreadShinobi

Currently on fire.