Ambush spawned from a Police Band mission?

ZorkNemesis

Can't say I've ever seen this before.  Grabbed a mission of the Police Band in Talos Island, Get G-Cells from the Council, and imagine my surprise when a pair of Council marksman just decided to open fire on me as I was running to the door.  They had to have been an ambush, as they were my level and Council doesn't spawn naturally in Talos Island; no other players in the zone were my level and they were definitely aggroed on me.  I have no other missions so it couldn't have been something else.  I've never seen a Police Band mission generate an ambush group before, was it a fluke?

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

its very rare kinda like a purple recipe drop but it has happened, like 1 in 1000 missions they do spawn an ambush mostly with council what i saw.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

• 4 weeks later

Just had this happen in Talos with Freakshow on the inobtanium police radio mish.  I'm ok with it if it's working as intended, but thought I'd document another instance in case it's not.

...and now again with Tsoo on the Long John's silver mish.  That's twice within 4 radio mishs.  If it's meant to be rare, I may just be having an unusual RNG day.

Edited by Cinnder
happened again