Fastest Solo leveler?

SunSetSam

I think the thing that hinders soloing most often is not having enough endurance/recovery to keep pushing forward. Virtually anything that has enough endurance can likely find a sweet spot of lawnmowerdom or mission clearances and earn XP at a decent rate. 

Most Blasters probably qualify for this, along with anyone with an armor set that has good endurance management. 

2 minutes ago, oedipus_tex said:

I think the thing that hinders soloing most often is not having enough endurance/recovery to keep pushing forward. Virtually anything that has enough endurance can likely find a sweet spot of lawnmowerdom or mission clearances and earn XP at a decent rate. 

Most Blasters probably qualify for this, along with anyone with an armor set that has good endurance management. 

Almost any Endurance issues can be solved.  Dark/Dark is an End Hog and I run that + Fighting + Leadership pre incarnate 

But it does take a sharp eye on enhancers and a commitment to maximizing recovery 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Almost any Endurance issues can be solved.  Dark/Dark is an End Hog and I run that + Fighting + Leadership pre incarnate 

But it does take a sharp eye on enhancers and a commitment to maximizing recovery 

There are ways to make it better.

For sure I have characters who toggle drop from blue bar overuse, though. I have a Martial Arts/Shield Scrapper who runs through his blue bar faster than I can keep up, for example. It's been a while so I don't remember how kitted he is. Mostly SOs, 1 end redux in each attack where I can slot it though. Still a real hog to play.

Earth Assault in the Dominator sets is a real beast too, especially paired with an end heavy primary like Fire or Ice Control.    

8 minutes ago, Snarky said:

It might be an end hog, but it also can use a proc it mitigate the heal and gets end recovery from an attack.

• Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Emma Strange: Ill/dark Controller. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Hesitation: Claws/sr Scrapper. 8. Within Reach: Axe/stone Brute. 9. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute.  10. Chasing Fireworks: Fire/time Controller. 

"Downtime is for mortals. Debt is temporary. Fame is forever."

2 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

It might be an end hog, but it also can use a proc it mitigate the heal and gets end recovery from an attack.

By 50 but before incarnates the end recovery power Dark Consumption “should” be an “oh crap” power if end drains etc happen.  It should not be something desperately needed and planned around

im going to assume AE is not allowed because thats boring.

if you were allowed to use inf from other characters then i suspect nothing would stop some proc-monster scrapper, probably /fire for burn. a blaster might get close. so lets assume you must source all of your own inf, are you allowed to use the AH? depends on your definition of solo, but lets say no because it complicates things, which means io sets are off the table too (for how i would want to do this challenge anyway).

another thing to consider is the p2w exp boosts, if you arent allowed outside inf then choosing something that doesnt rely on enhancements (read: accuracy) much would make more use out of double xp, which is a pretty huge boost to speed.

so a few things come to mind, first iirc the half way point between 1-50 is somewhere between 36-40 i think, which is where a lot of sets get pretty much their full power and i think at this point nothing is going to be faster than a kin of some kind. so an OG fire/kin controller sounds pretty strong without IO's for the second half, however all early levels would be pretty torturous. would it make up for it? maybe, not sure. what is for sure is that a fire/kin would need a lot of inf for enhancements, which may make the entire idea unviable to start with.

a /rad corruptor doesnt really need accuracy enhancements at all, and while AM is up has no endurance problems AND gets everything it needs pretty early on in life (debuff toggles, AM, if its a fire/rad then blaze and fireball are both pretty early too), however getting recharge for AM uptime would be quite difficult. also i suspect survivability would be a problem at higher difficulties.

most scrappers that do a lot of aoe damage would run into end problems pretty often, however if you can solve the end problem and get an aoe damage toggle a claws/ scrapper only really needs accuracy in followup and should be able to do decently from there.

warshades and peacebringers get tohit and end from nova form, online from level 6, which might be pretty good. i lean towards warshade a bit because of sunless mire, but surviving pre-eclipse would be a big issue. after eclipse and with smart use of insps i suspect warshades would do quite well in this sort of challenge. both HEATs also have the advantage of being able to use nearly all of the enhancements that will drop from enemies in some way or another, which i suspect would be a big help. both HEATs also get travel powers for free, which is a minor help (everyone should get a travel power pretty early on to save time anyway), but it is a help regardless. the biggest problem i think would be quantums, which would definitely be annoying and slow you down.

all the veats get accuracy and tohit in their secondary which is pretty huge, they all have endurance problems though iirc, the best would probably be fortunata? they get access to followup and between the nuke, total domination and mass confusion the endgame should be pretty easy.

finally a sentinel of some kind (maybe fire/rad?) would have accuracy issues, but would otherwise be able to clear just about everything +0x8 from pretty early on i think.

love me some theorycrafting, i could be completely off base on this but im tempted to try it, over a few days.

tl;dr:

fire/kin controller destroys endgame, if it gets there
scrapper struggles with enhancements/end
/rad corruptor good early, maybe doesnt scale

veats have end problems, might do really well otherwise

warshades op

edit: pressed submit too early

Edited by MJB