Whips/force field toon

Thrax

I’m going to be building a whips/ff toon to maximize the whip attacks and the team buffs. Just made the toon tonight after playing my demon/time through  synapse tf. I thought I just wanted to use whip more. So I’m going to do that with this whips/ff toon. Before I try tomorrow has anyone dared this experiment before?  And if so, have a build handy?

I am one of the few, misguided fans of Force Fields for Masterminds. As a fairly casual, solo player FF get's pretty much any pet set to the Defence soft cap and after that it's easy street all the way.   Having said that, I don't see synegry if you plan to go petless and team.  Forcefield's other trick is all about repulsion and knock back.

If it is not too late, may I suggest looking at Cold instead? The shields for you team are almost as good, but you get more -Res to stack with the whips and an Endurance management power to keeps the whips going longer. Or Traps so the Personal Force Field provides you more Defence and Acid Mortar again doubles up on the -Res?

In the end you have to do what makes you happy. Nothing else makes sense.  Whips are cool, Force Field is nicely hands off. It also leaves you with a lot of free slots to do something fun with Pool Powers.

Just now, Thrax said:

I may just make a second build for the demon/time I already have.  Be more useful when teaming. 

You do get 3 builds to work with, (3rd unlocked at 50 or with Incarnates), so you could always do a leveling build, the "true" whips-only build, and a more team-centric one...