Asking for advice for part 4 for all dom +4x8 speed ITFs (duos on up)

EnjoyTheJourney

Acre and myself ran a dom duo through a +4x8 speedy ITF with no inspirations, no temp powers, no amplifiers, and no deaths + sub-40 minute goals for finishing.  We sped fairly well through the first 3 missions of the ITF with no deaths. We weren't quite tracking to finish within our 40 minute goal. But, IIRC we weren't wildly far off. 

In the end, though, part 4 didn't go that smoothly and we finished up in 1:13 with 3 defeats. We got bogged down in the fight with Rom. What we tried was to clear the courtyard, including the mobs beside Rom by pulling them, then bring in Imperious and rush Rom. 

What other game plans for the part 4 Rom fight have been tried by people here that would make sense when speeding at +4x8, while also providing decent chances of meeting a "no defeats" condition? 

Any thoughts would be helpful and appreciated. 

Edit & PS: It should probably be mentioned that the powersets available were fire / psi / ice and plant / psi / soul (at least, I think Acre's assault set was psi). So, "confuse Rom and get him to defeat things" wasn't available. 

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney

• EnjoyTheJourney changed the title to Asking for advice for part 4 for all dom +4x8 speed ITFs (duos on up)

Hey, @EJ

@FUBARczar and I duo'd the ITF with our dominators.   Part 4, check it out --  one Nictus was dead, we were at 38 minutes.   After that Imperious died after he decided he wanted to farm (extra incarnate xp for him?? ) many other areas.    He died. 
After he died, as you already know, a vast amount of our DMG was lost. 
We finished with 1 hour and 4 mins. 

Moral of the story, if you fight the courtyard area, we think it is best to keep him close to the stairwell.   Confuse or AoE hold every single ambush mob that comes via that door.  
If you let Imp even look at them and decide to farm them, he will likely aggro everything else around that area too. 
Your potential danger comes from the council in that area.  It is a Domino effect disaster waiting to happen. 

HOlding the mob in one place or confusing them will likely prevent that.  That's our thinking.  
But be VERY careful how you hold them or group them. 
The smaller the cluster and the more tight the formation the better, especially, aim to do that close to the AVs you fighting. 
In addition, please take the time to craft and equip Clarion. 
That stun is a fear for IMP. 
He will run. 
Hit clarion or have it ready.  
The sooner you go rescue or link up with IMP, the better. 
Otherwise you risk having him want to farm the map. 

Thoughts and lesson from experience, my brother, from a fellow Master ITF chnl member. 

Edited by Voltak
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1