Dawn Of The Seven Trailer (and The Boys S3)

It looks maybe a little over-referential - and over-reverential - but we finally get to see the Bourke Cut. Honestly, as this is going to be one of the major launch titles for Vought+, only purists would binge the entire nine-hour epic instead of seeing it episodically, and perhaps it would have been better structured that way.

But still, looking good - surprised that Charlize Theron's been kept well under wraps for a role of that size.

What do you lot think we'll see? Let the wild, unfounded, possibly NSFW speculation begin...

Spoiler

Having watched the first episode of S3 but not read the books, I'm not sure how much of this is in the comics and how much is simply what they can get away with. But it's going to be fun.

• Plaudits to Jensen Ackles for note-perfect micktake of Chris Evans, particularly this...
  • ...Tony Starr for going even more unhinged than before...
  • ...and Erin Moriarty stepping up as the glue that holds both worlds together.
  • If I didn't know better, this season would seem to be lifting a lot from our own dear Paragon, including V24/Superadine which temporarily induces superpowers but at a cost of huge side effects, possibly addiction.
  • There's an explosion of new plot threads and beats to chase (have spoilered myself via Wikipedia), perhaps too many.

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

It was interesting to see super heroes in warfare combat treated with a sense of realism. I especially liked the wire-guided rocket blowing a super out of the sky. Otherwise this season is feeling a bit lackluster to me. Maybe I'm just too jaded to be actually shocked by anything these days. *shrugs*

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Season 3 is getting a little better. I think they just do too good of a job making you hate Homelander. I'm not sure if we're supposed to hate The Deep or not but coming down on that side for him too. It was pretty funny to see Jensen Ackles perform a very bad early 80's rap. Also good to see A-Train get a little character development with him not being able to use his speed too much. Even Black Noir is getting some character development this season. I still feel like some of the gratuitous scenes are little bit too gratuitous. I refuse to look but I can't help but feel like a certain scene was marketing.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

That they do. And it appears that a number of the odder kinds of fans - or possibly division-stoking ragebots, trolls and s***posters, probably all of the above - have discovered Homelander isn't Statesman, he's Tyrant. I would have thought there were clues in the previous two series, or the books. Ah well.

One update from Ep5 - and if you're not watching the show, open the spoiler for something you should see anyway:

Spoiler

I'm very glad they didn't 'fridge Kimiko. I was very worried that the musical bits were going to be part of an "NDE" sequence. 

She has now been depowered, so there is the lurking threat of an icebox once Homelander works that out.

But for now: one of the best ways of throwing people for a loop in grim, gorefest, cynically funny shows like this is to offer up something that's unapologetically sweetness and light. That combination of wide-eyed innocent and devastating opponent made Kimi an appealing character to play with.

And she deserves A Moment.

So: enjoy.

BTW, if you enjoyed the bit in the spoiler: (ab)normal service will be resumed next week, as it's a direct lift of the Herogasm arc. 

And if the aforementioned ragehowlers had problems with the show before...

[wanders off cackling]

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

This series is great!

Though in the Herogasm episode;

Spoiler

I wish Homelander was more powerful? It felt like Butcher with Temp-V was putting up a good fight, too good a fight. Very interested to see how it pans out and how Homelander deals with it. Amazing that wasn't even the finale, it felt like one!

Edited by Latex