Scrapper Entropic Aura Executes Brute Inherent

aethereal

This is just coming from inspection of CoD, so it's possible it's not "real."

https://cod.uberguy.net./html/power.html?power=scrapper_defense.energy_aura.entropy_shield&at=scrapper

If you look at the last power effect on that page, it's an execution of the Brute Inherent taunt effect.

I remain a little unclear whether this actually means that scrappers do actually execute this power, or whether it's a no-op, but it shouldn't be part of the scrapper effect groups for this power at all.

• Thanks 1

CoD isn't unique to Homecoming nor is it maintained by Homecoming staff.

If this scrapper version of entropic aura actually causes fury on a scrapper in-game on a Homecoming server, then yes that would be quite an interesting bug.

Edit: looking at the CoD entry, it appears that it's the taunt aura for that power, and not actually the Brute's fury damage scalar inherent, so it likely is just internally named fury as a taunt aura for the effect, and not an issue.

Edited by SeraphimKensai

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

CoD isn't unique to Homecoming nor is it maintained by Homecoming staff.

It's based on data from Homecoming.  If this is a CoD bug of some kind, obviously that's not a HC bug, but it's very likely that it's accurately reflecting a bug in HC powers data.

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

If this scrapper version of entropic aura actually causes fury on a scrapper in-game on a Homecoming server, then yes that would be quite an interesting bug.

Edit: looking at the CoD entry, it appears that it's the taunt aura for that power, and not actually the Brute's fury damage scalar inherent, so it likely is just internally named fury as a taunt aura for the effect, and not an issue.

This is all wrong.

Brutes have several inherents.  They have Fury (as in, the "+2% damage per point of fury bar" power).  That power is not being invoked by Scrapper Entropic Aura.

They also have a punch-voke power that taunts things that they hit.  That is the power that is being invoked here.

Assuming CoD is accurate, Entropic Aura is doing a weak-ish taunt by itself (2.25 seconds, mag 3) by itself and also invoking the Brute inherent taunt (13 seconds or so, mag 4).  That would be inappropriate and pretty certainly unintended.

It's possible -- I don't know how the powers coding works -- that when Scrapper Entropic Aura tries to invoke the Brute inherent punch-voke, it doesn't actually happen because there's some check that says "Scrappers should not be able to invoke this power," and nothing actually happens (ie, the superior taunt does not actually apply).  If so, this is a pretty harmless bug, and it's likely just using a very small amount of server resources to keep trying to invoke the power and then aborting out of it.  It should still be cleaned up, but it's not very important.

If it does actually successfully execute the Brute power, then Entropic Aura gets a meaningfully greater taunt effect than any other Scrapper aura in a way that certainly looks unintended.  No other scrapper taunts attempt to execute this power.

Edited by aethereal
  • Like 1

I was just about to log that I saw "You Taunt Abomination with your Fury." in my combat log just now.

And yes, it's on my Scrapper with Energy Aura and Entropic is the taunt aura, so...

I also noted some oddness with when I get noticed, even when I'm cloaked, and I'm pretty sure I'm not in range of my aura normally, but I haven't verified that.

Looking over a couple of other scrapper Taunt auras, the discrepancy appears to be two-fold.  The second set of Taunts (there are two in each, a PvP/non-Raid PvE, and a Raid PvE), behind the Redirect, should be the actual, and only, Taunts, based on a comparison to other Taunt auras (Invincibility and Against All Odds).  But all four of the Taunts in Entropic Aura are using the wrong table, too.  They're using Melee_Ones instead of the Melee_InherentTaunt table used by other Taunt auras.

Deleting the redirect entirely and setting the 2.25s Taunts to Melee_InherentTaunt at scale 1 would resolve the issue.

While I was poking around, I also noticed that Electric Armor's Power Sink has a +5% Rage effect, presumably another dangling left-over from the brute inherent.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

4 hours ago, Luminara said:

Looking over a couple of other scrapper Taunt auras, the discrepancy appears to be two-fold.  The second set of Taunts (there are two in each, a PvP/non-Raid PvE, and a Raid PvE), behind the Redirect, should be the actual, and only, Taunts, based on a comparison to other Taunt auras (Invincibility and Against All Odds).  But all four of the Taunts in Entropic Aura are using the wrong table, too. 

I have no opinion on whether the taunt in Entropic Aura "should be" the 13.6 second taunt that Invul, Bio, Rad, and Shield get, or the smaller 2.25 second one that's coded into the power.  Willpower, for what it's worth, also gets a low duration taunt.

But the taunt should presumably be mag 3, not mag 4.