Help! Can't install Island Rum on my old MacBook Pro

Sphinx Magoo

After being hit with a strong nostalgic need to reconnect to City of Heroes, I tried installing Island Rum onto my MacBook Pro.

I've attached a screenshot of the error message I got, along with a screenshot of my "About This Mac" window.

I know that Apple has put my beloved workhorse laptop onto the Treadmill of Obsolesence, but I wanted to see if there was still hope for playing CoH.

Any help or positive suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 9.02.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 9.04.10 AM.png

Someone should be with you before too long. 

@DoctorDitko might be able to help.

I'm assuming you tried the basics: deleting it, check for OS updates, restart, and then try a reinstall?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Some more tips on the bottom of this page - https://forums.homecomingservers.com/installation-guide/

Under having trouble there are a couple of links for OS X

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Sorry, my best advice would be to install Brew and use it to add wine. My 2017 Mac Book Pro self-destructed in 2021, so I can't test it, but it worked for me at the time.

Good luck!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)