50 Million Inf To Anyone Who Can Figure Out How To Use a Slash Command! CONTEST! WIN!!

BlackSpectre

CONTEST IS CLOSED.  CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OUR WINNERS!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

... that's right... PER COMMAND!!!

For every command below that you figure out how to use, you'll get an award of 50 MILLION INFLUENCE!  Win up to 450 Million Inf!

SHOW OFF YOUR GENIUS!

The winners will also be highlighted here in this post, be officially designated a "Super Genius," and win a free tour of the Superheroes Inc. SG base! What could be better than that???

Here's are the list of slash commands and their descriptions (if available)...

/mailview     Sets which view to use when on the mail tab

/markPowClosed     Mark power closed
/markPowOpen     Mark power open

/mmscrollsetToggleRegion     Toggle a region open
/mmscrollsetViewList     Open the scroll selector

/enterdoorvolume <string>

/exitlaunch <string>    set program to run when game exits

/teamtask <int> <int> <int>      Give the user the specified souvenir clue

"Mystery Command"

TIP#1:   Slash commands can be a little finicky. In many cases, unless you type in the exact number and kind of argumnts (I.e., variables) that it takes, the game will give you an error "Unknown Command"... until you figure out the right combination. Then it's all green roses.. er... green text!  

TIP#2:   Some slash commands only work if a certain condition is met, such as a specific window or menu being open, used in a bind, while in the base editor, etc. Usually, but not always, if the game does not give an error or any response when the command is used, it might mean that there is a condition that is not being met. 

TIP#3:  Don't be fooled by erroneous descriptions. There are numerous instances where the text in the game incorrectly describes the command. The command could be anything!

TIP#4:  Don't give up too quickly. It often takes time for our minds to process the problem, and time to discover new information that points us toward the solution.  

TIP#5:  Lastly, feel free to private message the Managing Founder of Superheroes Inc, Black Spectre, for assistance or just conversation. Sometimes two heads are better than one. 

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Disclosure:  Superheroes Inc. is a 501(S)(3) nonprofit corporation organized for the mutual benefit of its members and the community of which it serves, Paragon City and the world at large.  There is no time limit for this contest. Solutions can be offered, and awards granted at any time, into perpetuity. Expert knowledge gained from this contest will be immediately documented at the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki to give the public free and unlimited access to the information.  All proceeds from this contest will go toward  the benefit of the City of Heroes and people everywhere.  Call 1-800-SUPERS. Together, we can save the world!

Edited by BlackSpectre
  • Like 2

• City Council

/mailview with the mail window open "/mailview mail" shows your "Inbox", "/mailview voucher" shows your "Character Items"

/exitlaunch Does what it says on the tin.  It opens the program at the provided path when you close the game

/mmscrollsetToggleRegion and /mmscrollsetViewList are both internal UI commands used exclusively for the AE User interface, that exist nowhere else.

/teamtask is an internal command used to award stuff to the character from a contact.

/enterdoorvolume enters a door via a volume, as far as I can tell this is an internal command to enter a "door" via a map volume.

/markPowClosed and /markPowOpen are internal commands used by the Power Info window.. I see where it is added into the UI code, but I can't seem to force it to show up anywhere..

Edited by Michiyo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Michiyo said:

/mailview with the mail window open "/mailview mail" shows your "Inbox", "/mailview voucher" shows your "Character Items"

Wow! I NEVER would have guessed those words! I was trying numbers! LOL Score!!! That's 50 million inf for you, Michiyo!

/exitlaunch Does what it says on the tin.  It opens the program at the provided path when you close the game

Of course it does! It works in Windows, but I'm on a Mac (mostly) and it doesn't seem to work on a Mac. I noticed on Windows the /exitlaunch command doesn't seem to like .lnk shortcuts or to open a file and let windows open the parent app. Maybe it will only look for .exe files? You know, I'll give it to you! It works in Windows at least! That's another 50 mil, that makes 100 million inf total!

/mmscrollsetToggleRegion and /mmscrollsetViewList are both internal UI commands used exclusively for the AE User interface, that exist nowhere else.

That was my guess as well. Thank you for confirming it! That's now 4 commands... Ka-ching!!! You're up to 200 million inf!!!

/teamtask is an internal command used to award stuff to the character from a contact.

I was starting to surmise it was an internal command, but thanks for letting me know it was meant to give souvenirs and other stuff to characters FROM contacts! That fills in all the gaps. Totally makes sense now! That's another 50 mil, for a total of 250 million!

/enterdoorvolume enters a door via a volume, as far as I can tell this is an internal command to enter a "door" via a map volume.

Alright then! I haven't worked at all on this command, so that's good enough for me! 300 million inf now!

/markPowClosed and /markPowOpen are internal commands used by the Power Info window.. I see where it is added into the UI code, but I can't seem to force it to show up anywhere..

I guessed they were internal commands. In what way would a player mark a power "open" or "closed"??? Maybe start and stop, or on and off, or execute and abort, enable or disable... but mark??? Yeah, they had to be an internal commands. Thank you for confirming that! You now have... 400 MILLION INF!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

YOU ARE OFFICIALLY A SUPER GENIUS!

Send me your global name in game and I'll send you an email with 400 million inf! You lucky dog!!  You can PM me here or just send me an in game email. My global is, of course, @blackspectre.

Just let me know when and if you'd like a tour of the Superheroes Inc SG base. Or if you'd like to poke around by yourself without a guide, feel free. Our base passcode is si-7230. All are welcome to take a peek. I think it's pretty cool, but you know... I'm biased. 

Wow. Amazing work, my friend. Amazing.

On 6/28/2022 at 9:09 PM, Veracor said:

(Removed by request)

What???? Another super genius?!! FANTASTIC!!!! Thank you so much for figuring this out, Veracor! Michiyo beat you out of most of them, but I'm glad you could get one. That's 50 MILLION INF!!!  CONGRATUALTIONS!!!

YOU ARE OFFICIALLY A SUPER GENIUS!

Send me your global name in game, either here as a PM or send me an email in game... my global is @blackspectre. A check will be in the mail for 50 mil inf!

You can claim your Superheroes Inc. Base tour at any time. Just let me know. Or if you'd like to poke around yourself instead, feel free! Our base passcode is si-7230. Just to let you know, there are many hidden things made to look like normal, everyday items... but they're totally functional! I'm not sure you'll discover them all on your own. Wait a minute... with your hugemungous brain... ah forget about it! You'll figure everything out! Anyway, all are welcome to come visit. 

Congratulations again! That's some mighty fine thinking there! Mighty fine.

Edited by GM Kal