Jump to content

More than one Automatic Power at a time? (Haste/Ageless Core Epiphany)


Recommended Posts

Hey all.

 

Is there any way to have 2 click powers that will activate on a character? In my instance, I want Haste and Ageless Core Epiphany to automatically go off so that they are out of sight, out of mind.

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, RiskyKisses said:

Hey all.

 

Is there any way to have 2 click powers that will activate on a character? In my instance, I want Haste and Ageless Core Epiphany to automatically go off so that they are out of sight, out of mind.

 

Thanks

Not using the auto fire mechanic, like with the little circle around the power.  However, you can bind one or both of those powers to the directional keys or mouse clicks.  This way every time you move or click the mouse the game will try to use the power. If the power is not ready then nothing happens, if it is ready then it will fire. 

Edited by zenijos10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ummm... help? 

 

I've found one reference to binding a key to a power. But it doesn't show me how to bind 2 powers to the same key, or how to find out the information on the mouse button I want to use for this so I can place that information in the bind as well. If anyone out there that reads this has some skill/knowledge about this, can you show me how to do this? Please, please, please?

 

What I want specifically is to bind my middle mouse button (the little dial that can also click) to Hasten and Ageless Core Epiphany.

 

Any help at all here would be greatly appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, RiskyKisses said:

If anyone out there that reads this has some skill/knowledge about this, can you show me how to do this?

 

There are a couple ways to go about this.  The most common is to setup binds on your movement keys so that the Green Auto Ring alternates between the two powers in the bind.  Super common for folks to do this with /Shield or /SR characters that have a clicky mez-shield and still want to use Hasten.

 

7 hours ago, RiskyKisses said:

What I want specifically is to bind my middle mouse button (the little dial that can also click) to Hasten and Ageless Core Epiphany.

 

Binds like this are a little more complicated.  There might be a simpler way, but the only one that I know of for sure involves having a couple of bind files that alternate which is loaded when the button is clicked so that the next power is then assigned to that button, then when that fires the first file re-loads and re-assigns power 1 to that keystroke.

 

I only have one toon that uses the latter method - a (rad/sonic) Blaster where I have one button that alternates between Aim and Sound Booster.  The movement keys method I use more often to alternate between Hasten and whatever else I want on Auto (usually a power like Active Defense or similar).

 

Before getting too deep in the weed's I'd suggest checking out @Shenanigunner's excellent page full of guides and and tech info in order to get a grasp on how binds/macros work in game as well as how to best organize them into files, where they go, loading them, saving them from game, and such details.

 

http://www.shenanigunner.com/

 

You'll want to know how the game recognizes your middle mouse button - open game options and under keybinding go to any command and select an alternate, then click the desired button and it will fill the name of that button in the field.  That's how I figured out that my thumb buttons were BUTTON4 and BUTTON5.

 

I can dig up some code and paste it into the thread later if you still need it.  I'm not sure what the official name of the Incarnate power you want to call with the bind would be though.

 

Hope some of that helps get you started.  There's a lot of flexibility and depth in the system, but it is fairly straight-forward once you get the hang of a few basics.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"... And I'd kill to get away; I'd die to make my own way.  And I'd lose to celebrate;  I'd win to see the good days.  And I'll never stop the fighting, so bring to me your worst.

I'll never stop believing that I could rule the world one day ..."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, RiskyKisses said:

Thank you!

 

Anytime, the following assumes you are running Windows.  I don't know where the folders are on MacOS.

 

Bind file location depends on if you are using Launcher or Tequila.  In the former they are in the <LauncherInstallFolder>\Homecoming\settings\live.  In the latter they are <HomecomingInstallFolder>\data.

 

Of course you can always use /bindsavefile to save out a characters keybinds (this will export everything, so it looks kinda messy) and run a search for that file if you are having trouble finding it.

 

In game, /bindloadfile <filename.extension> will load from one of the default directories listed above.  If you want to save them elsewhere you can, you just have to enter the full path into the load command.

 

This is what a bind file for using movement keys to alternate the green ring on two powers.  In this example replace Active Defense with the other power you want on auto:

 

A "+left$$powexecauto Hasten$$powexecauto Active Defense"
D "+right$$powexecauto Active Defense$$powexecauto Hasten"
S "+backward$$powexecauto Active Defense$$powexecauto Hasten"
W "+forward$$powexecauto Hasten$$powexecauto Active Defense"

 

Using a single key to activate two different powers wants two different files that look something like this:

 

Note: This is a very dirty and extremely basic version of getting this done.  Many folks will have a 3rd "reset" file in case the button presses get out of order.  I don't play this toon often, and when the rare oddness occurs an additional click seems to right the ship.  There are much better ways to do this one.

 

File 1:

 

button5 "powexec_name Aim$$bind_load_file ayrBU2.txt"

 

File 2:

 

button5 "powexec_name Sound Booster$$bind_load_file ayrBU1.txt"

 

The result is a lot of tapping that button to get it done.  Again, replace power and file names here with your own.

 

Also, if anyone with cleaner bind setups and better advice wants to chime in, please do. 😄

 

  • Like 1

"... And I'd kill to get away; I'd die to make my own way.  And I'd lose to celebrate;  I'd win to see the good days.  And I'll never stop the fighting, so bring to me your worst.

I'll never stop believing that I could rule the world one day ..."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

 

 

This is what a bind file for using movement keys to alternate the green ring on two powers.  In this example replace Active Defense with the other power you want on auto:

 

 

A "+left$$powexecauto Hasten$$powexecauto Active Defense"
D "+right$$powexecauto Active Defense$$powexecauto Hasten"
S "+backward$$powexecauto Active Defense$$powexecauto Hasten"
W "+forward$$powexecauto Hasten$$powexecauto Active Defense"

 

 

Using a single key to activate two different powers wants two different files that look something like this:

 

Note: This is a very dirty and extremely basic version of getting this done.  Many folks will have a 3rd "reset" file in case the button presses get out of order.  I don't play this toon often, and when the rare oddness occurs an additional click seems to right the ship.  There are much better ways to do this one.

 

 

 

This absolutely works. I just did this on all my dominators last week.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2022 at 9:46 PM, Heatstroke said:

This absolutely works. I just did this on all my dominators last week.. 

 

On the other hands, there's nothing as simple and flexible as rolling binds on the forward movement key. The other approaches work, but spreading the pseudo-autofire stuff around multiple keys is (IMHO) harder to manage and can lead to a failure to fire some powers in a timely manner... maybe you don't back up for a minute or so, for example. And there's not much need to try to hard to switch the auto-fire ring around, either.

 

This is all written up in detail in the Guide, and I suggest anyone seriously interested in never having to toggle up powers or buffs and never having shields or buffs fail to be active give it a look. It's a very general solution that can be made to "fit all sizes" — all builds, all alts, all power sets — without fussy adaptation to each variant.

v3.20 Technical Guide (27p3)... 140 pages of complete, comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABB Bindfile  ·  BadgeDRADIS  ·  City of Zeroes  ·  Teleport Guide  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...