The Debt Collector !!!

smnolimits41

First off, as of late i've been playing alot of Scrappers.  I tried out an old Tank alt called Midas Touch, he's a Stone/MA.  After about an hour, i decided it was time to go back to my old routes and make a Blaster or maybe a Blapper.  Now I find i make alot of energy/energy or Fire/Fire characters.  What i'm looking for is an aoe junky.  I want it to be fun, hence the title.  I will be working on debt badges.  I would prefer to work on some new sets, and i'm curious which sets would have the most AoE ???

There are 3 sets that have 4 AoE powers (excluding narrow cones and small AoEs). 

Water: 3x ranged AoE, 1x cone

Radiation: 2x PBAoE, 1x ranged AoE, 1x cone

Assault Rifle: 3x cone, 1x ranged AoE

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

Water is a very enjoyable set and I would never (normally) dissuade anyone from it but.....

Seismic, while it has one less AoE power has better control in that two of the AoE powers knockdown what they hit. With proper timing you can dispose of a group without them ever getting a chance to do much but try to stand up. 

And then there is Meteor (the one knockback power in the set and only knockback power in the game I love--so much so I am contemplating asking it to marry me). Drop it on a group in a small room, at the end of a corridor, or standing on a bridge in ITF and once you're done laughing your you'll enjoy a happy afterglow.

I went Water/Dark on one blaster I didn't take to 50 (yet anyway) because already having a Water/Kin Corruptor it was not giving me a sufficiently different playstyle. 

The Seismic/Time Blaster I took to 50, but admit I rarely use his Time powers, leaving more heavily on his Cold Mastery powers. I might go with Ice Manipulation were I to have to rebuild. I am in no way disappointed with Time just Seismic on its own does a lot of the lifting for me. If you plan to Blap then Energy or Fire I'd guess.

If you want to do some serious PBAoE blasting, Rad/Mental would fit the bill.  And, you can really make a dent in the debt badges just by leveling...  It's enjoyable to just Leeroy Jenkins into melee range and see how long you last going through your AoE attack chain of Irradiate, Drain Psyche, Atomic Blast, Neutron Bomb, Psy Shockwave.