Will Power underwhelming when does it improve?

Druidking

Hey all,

I rolled a SJ/Willpower brute and have been playing him a lot. I recently hit lvl 23 which allowed me to fully slot rise to the challenge with three heal SOs and 3 tohit debuff SOs. I am getting destroyed still. In the beginning I was unstoppable except when endurance ran out LOL. I am running 0x3 missions settings, so I know this will provide a larger enemy group which I thought would allow rise to the challenge to be more helpful, but I am getting destroyed. I could lower the difficulty but would like to know if this set gets better or if I should stop playing this toon and move on?

44 minutes ago, Druidking said:

Hey all,

I rolled a SJ/Willpower brute and have been playing him a lot. I recently hit lvl 23 which allowed me to fully slot rise to the challenge with three heal SOs and 3 tohit debuff SOs. I am getting destroyed still. In the beginning I was unstoppable except when endurance ran out LOL. I am running 0x3 missions settings, so I know this will provide a larger enemy group which I thought would allow rise to the challenge to be more helpful, but I am getting destroyed. I could lower the difficulty but would like to know if this set gets better or if I should stop playing this toon and move on?

You may be biting off more than you can chew if you're running at party size of three while solo at level 23.

Compared to Invulnerability, which I have recently started a character with and who hit level 23 at some point this past weekend, while you have increased regen and some To-Hit debuff, your underlying resistances from the set are about two-thirds that of Invulnerability (which does not have the regen or To-Hit debuff). At 23, fighting yellows and whites with no additional adds, a pack of 3 would leave him sufficiently down in health that I would only subsequently engage another pack of three before taking short, kneeling health/endurance break. By contrast it seems you are running into spawns with 2 additional foes--fighting five at a time. 

Bear in mind that while To-Hit debuff helps, the value you are getting from Rise to the Challenge (according to Mid's) is -3.75%. Even slotted it will end up at just under -6%. So instead of a 50% chance of being hit your foes are hitting at 44% (i.e., you've reduced incoming damage on average by about 10%).  You do not mention if you've slotted in damage resistance enhancers yet. If not, try putting some in Mind Over Body (first) and High Pain Tolerance. Also, grab Tough from the fighting pool (on your way to Weave). 

Will it get better? Yes. WP outside of debuffs is quite good.

It might help to open up Mid's and put your build into it and post it. I'm not saying you can't get to 50 on SOs because you absolutely can, and the build will be decent enough. However, the usage of SOs in CoH has essentially past, IMO. Adding in a few select IOs can be rather beneficial even if you need to be cheap since you lack funds or know how to slot IOs. Once you hit level 22, you keep opening up better options for IOs. Level 27 is the best range until you can slot level 50s.

I can't recall what diff setting I had at level 23. Some builds just bloom early enough to where +0/x3 is fairly easy to take on where others would still be at +0/x2.

Getting CU at 32 will help simply because that thing cranks.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."